N23246 – Socioeconomic Research Coordinator
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Socioeconomic Research Coordinator to assist with the implementation of project research activities of the Rupantar project.
Details of position, location and TOR for the position is below and can be found at www.jobsnepal.com
- Assist with the implementation of project research activities, including, but not limited to, implementation of qualitative and quantitative research instruments.
- Data analysis using any statistical software such as STATA or SPSS.
- Lead partner engagement with Rupantar partners and relevant stakeholders in the region.
- Lead project implementation activities and monitoring of study communities.
- Regular reporting and communication with the regional team.
- Travel within the project’s study locations as per the study mandate.
- Contribute to communication products such as blogs, news articles, manuscripts, and others as per the project’s need.
- Master’s degree in social sciences (preferably agricultural economics, agricultural extension) or relevant subject areas, rural development in the context of development with at least 2 years post-master experience with field studies related to socioeconomic research, or
- Bachelor in a relevant area such as social sciences, rural development in the context of development with at least 5 years post-undergraduate experience with field studies related to socioeconomic research,
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative research, implementing open-ended, semi-structured interviews.
- Experience working with farming communities and government stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Nepali (Maithali/Tharu preferred).
- Excellent writing skills and elocution in English. Considerable and demonstrated experience in writing and editing English-language communications products or reports.
- Proven ability to organize and coordinate diverse tasks with strong self-motivation and solutions orientation.
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks and work under strict deadlines.
- Valid motorcycle driving license, preferred.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Critical and Creative Thinking, Client Orientation, and Communication.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.