Website World Bank
Senior IT Assistant, Client Services
Job #: req24876
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Information & Communication Technology
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): English, Nepali
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations.
Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
ITSR1: The IT Regional Client Services 1 (ITSR1) is primarily responsible for cohesive delivery of Regional IT Support, Programs and Initiatives complementing other central IT Support channels. ITSR1 thrives to d provide best possible IT customer experience in partnership with other ITS Teams that include 24/7 IT Service Desks, Business Solutions, Training and Outreach, Knowledge Management, etc.
The Senior IT Assistant in Kathmandu , Nepal will primarily be responsible for providing first Level IT support services in WBG’s Office in Kathmandu , Nepal. S/he will be responsible for Installation and Maintenance of IT Hardware, Software, communications and telephony devices for the office staff and visitors. The Senior IT Assistant will provide IT support to WBG Staff and Visiting Staff/ Consultants at Kathmandu Office on usage and maintenance of entire range of information technologies in use at the Bank which include but are not limited to PCs, Video/Audio conferencing, remote access, LAN/ WANs, as per Bank defined SLAs and Processes.
This position will report to the Regional IT Lead for the South Asia Region.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact on all matters related to IT hardware, software and communications support for the South Asia region
- Support and maintain complete end user IT environment; this includes assessing, deploying, and implementing hardware and software upgrades, telephony and video conferencing systems
- Work directly with users to probe and ask effective questions to fully diagnose both the root cause of a problem and the customer’s comfort level with technology; assess complex, non-routine problems; follow up with all fixes and repairs of IT problems
- Install and maintain videoconference, audio-visual equipment and other electronic devices for presentations or conferences; when necessary support installation, maintenance and upgrades of local networks and communications infrastructure as part of the office infrastructure projects.
- Provide IT training and updates to existing/ new Staff regularly.
- Participate in Service Continuity, Security and Business Continuity activities. Troubleshoots, provide workarounds, and permanent fixes to issues identified in the end user environment.
- Administer WBG information security standards, including requesting IT accounts, Yubikey, remote access and passwords. Adhere to Institutional policies and advise on ITS policies, directives, and procedures. Consistently enforce WBG technology standards. Ensure that the integrity and security of WBG Systems are not compromised from within or outside the corporation.
- Use the incident management tracking system to track work and analyze reports to identify problem areas and training opportunities.
- Maintain a proper inventory of all CO IT related equipment and software. Ensure licensed software is tracked and maintained in line with the Institutional Software Asset Management (ISAM) Procedure.
- Ensure Service Level Goals are met for IT Support.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/ Science/ Computer Engineering with no experience required or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Industry certifications like ITIL, Microsoft, A+, etc. preferred.
- Good Knowledge of IT Technologies (Troubleshooting, Windows Platform, Exchange, Microsoft Office, Printers, Scanners, Servers and alike)
- Experience of serving Clients in a multi-cultural environment Preferred
Core Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Good Knowledge and understanding of IT Technologies: Windows Platform, Microsoft Office, Printers, Smartphones, video conferencing, remote access technologies, remote troubleshooting etc.
- Strong client service skills and the ability to work under pressure with professionalism
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS service and other networking methods and technologies.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook and Office 365 products
- Strong knowledge/ experience of ITIL best practices for helpdesk/ IT Service Management.
- Knowledge of Network communication technologies and other WAN/LAN products.
- Familiarity with IP Telephony and troubleshooting
- Flexible to work in rotational shifts
Language and Communication Skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Ability to listen and then clearly describe the problem and proposed solution
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Closing Date: 11/30/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC