Senior Data Scientist
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Type: Full Time
Department: Asia Technology
Experience: Mid Level
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
About the role
This is a full time position
- Provide technical contributions in a fast-paced team environment to accelerate efforts on building an analytics-driven product pipeline
- Independently perform statistical analysis, computer programming, predictive modeling, and experimental design
- Build cross-functional relationships to collaboratively partner with the business and effectively network within the Data Science Community
- Use advanced mathematical models, machine learning algorithms, operations research techniques, and strong business acumen to deliver insight, recommendations, and solutions
- Develop sustainable, consumable, accurate, and impactful reporting on model inputs, model outputs, observed outputs, business impact, and key performance indicators
- Present compelling, validated stories to all levels of organization, including peers, senior management, and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business
Requirements for the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a relevant field preferred
- 5 years + of industry experience
- Solid understanding of statistics and statistical modeling is required
- One scripting language such as Python, Scalar, or PySpark
- Hands-on experience with data science tools and visualization tools in Python (e.g. Scikit-learn, SciPy, pandas, Matplotlib, Bokeh, and/or Plotly, Seaborn, Altair, etc.) is required
- Experience developing end-to-end Machine Learning systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fusemachines.com.