Website Fusemachines Nepal Pvt. Ltd.
Senior Backend Software Engineer
Fusemachines is a leading AI strategy, talent, and education services, provider. Founded by Sameer Maskey Ph.D., Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University, Fusemachines has a core mission of democratizing AI. With a presence in 4 countries (Nepal, the United States, Canada, and the Dominican Republic and more than 250 full-time employees) Fusemachines seeks to bring its global expertise in AI to transform companies around the world.
Qualification and Experience
- Must have a full-time degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of work experience in Software Development using Nodejs and Nest framework
- Proficiency in back-end technologies: experience working with Nodejs and Nest framework
- Familiarity with Project Management tools such as Jira and Asana
- Ability to integrate third-party services; SDK implementations
- Familiarity in Backend with AWS amplify
- Working Experience with Dependency Management Tools; Maven, Gradle and package management tools like npm, yarn
- Ability to write test cases using testing frameworks and tools; JUnit, jMock, Mockito, TestNG
- Comfortable with IDEs like Visual Studio, IntelliJ along with its debugging techniques
- Ability to design, build, and work with RESTful Web Services in JSON formats
- Follow agile principles and processes including (but not limited to) standup meetings, sprints, and retrospectives
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases with hands-on experience in at least one database system
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience
- Solid understanding of Data Structure and Algorithms
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts
- Knowledge of Linux/Windows with system troubleshooting capabilities
- Strong problem solving and written and verbal communication skills in English
- Familiarity with Version Control tools such as Git
- Familiarity with the deployment process
- Familiarity with AWS and various services
- Familiarity or the ability to learn and adapt to current trends and best practices
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and collaborative, with an eagerness to learn
- Ability to work independently or in a collaborative environment with a proactive attitude
- Regular, reliable attendance is a requirement for this job
- Assist with writing requirement specifications and design documents for a variety of development tasks including feature development, database design, and system integrations
- Assist with developing applications and code software applications to adhere to designs that support business requirements for internal and external clients
- Work under tight deadlines to deliver quality, robust software
- Preparation, drafting, and review of software documentation and project reports to meet senior staff and client requirements
- Participate in implementing new software features and maintain existing features
- Refactoring, debugging, testing, and implementing changes to existing applications to meet project requirements
- Report work progress regularly to the supervisor
- Regularly attend internal and client meetings
- Deploy, monitor, and maintain applications
- Provide proper guidance and supervision of subordinate engineers and their work
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fusemachines.com.