Website Rural Health and Education Service Trust (RHEST)
RHEST is dedicated to ending all forms of gender-based violence (GBV), including human trafficking, child marriage, and child labor. Currently, RHEST is supporting the formal education of more than 12,000 vulnerable girls in the rural communities in 18 districts of Nepal. Women and girls’ empowerment and reproductive health are other focused areas of RHEST. .
RHEST is looking for candidates for the post of provincial coordinator (PC) for five districts, Banke, Bardiya, Surkhet, Kailali, and Kanchanpur.
Duration of assignment: One year with possible extension
Duty station: Nepalgunj with frequent visits to the above districts.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall organizational capacity development of the partner organizations (POs) and district contact office (DCO), including the effective planning, implementation, and monitoring of their programs in partnership with RHEST.
- Build and maintain good coordination and relationship with the government, like-minded organizations, and other relevant stakeholders at the local, district, and provincial levels.
- Conduct advocacy, dialogues, and interactions with the government and other stakeholders at all levels for the rights of the program-supported girls and their families.
- Identify capacity needs and develop the capacity of POs, DCO, and RHEST’s local mechanisms, including the district-level advocacy groups.
- Enlarge the reach out and networking of RHEST and its programs at the local, district, and province levels.
- Undertake periodic monitoring and review of the programs with the POs and DCO.
Program-supported girls-specific role
- Lead the selection of the most at-risk girls to trafficking, child marriage, and other forms of GBV, build rapport with the girls and their families, and assist them in getting help such as legal, psychological, safe accommodation, and counselling if they or another member of their family need it in cases of GBV or other threatening situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master preferred) in social sciences, education, development studies, management, or any discipline with a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Professional experience in project and financial management and organizational capacity development (OCD).
- Proven coordination, networking, communication, facilitation, advocacy, and report writing skills.
- Good knowledge of and demonstrated commitments to ending GBV, in particular, child marriage and human trafficking.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrable written and spoken skills in the Nepali language. Good English written and spoken skills are desirable. Knowledge of any local languages will be an asset.
Salary and benefits: As per the rules and regulations of the organization
Interested candidates are requested to send a recent CV including 2 contactable references and a motivation letter to email@example.com by 5 pm, 8th June 2022.
Note: RHEST reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the further selection process. For the detailed ToR, please visit https://www.rhest.org or call at 01-4537371