Website TPO Nepal
Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO) Nepal is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organizations. It was established in 2005 to promote the psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict-affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
ALIVE is a research project aiming to develop and test the feasibility, acceptability, and appropriateness of intervention for preventing depression and anxiety among adolescents (ages 13-15 years) living in poverty-affected urban settings in Nepal. The project is being implemented by TPO Nepal under the support of the Wellcome Trust via King’s College London. The intervention under the pilot RCT will be delivered by trained facilitators in groups on a weekly basis for 24 weeks and the intervention sessions will be supervised and monitored by trained supervisors.
TPO Nepal seeks competent, committed, and result-oriented candidates for the following positions: Research Supervisor:
Job station: Kathmandu
Job duration: 1 year with a possibility of extension
Number of openings: 1 (One)
Start date: At the earliest
- Coordinate with school authorities and adolescents’ families to ensure a smooth flow of research activities
- Planning, coordinating, and mobilizing the research assistants
- Regular monitoring and supervision of the research activities conducted by the research assistants
- Data management and analysis: This includes an array of activities including regular data quality control/ checking, cleaning, coding, entry, analysis, and interpretation
- Provide regular updates and reports to the project coordinator
- Regular field visits throughout the project implementation sites are required
- Assist in academic article/journal writings
- Perform all the other tasks required for the implementation of research activities as assigned.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in a related field (Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, or related fields) with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in research
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, or related fields) with a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in research
- Experienced in collecting quantitative data using ODK or other platforms and their data management
- Experienced in training and supervising field researchers/enumerators
- Experienced in both qualitative and quantitative research
- Prior experience in using quantitative and qualitative research tools – (Stata, SPSS, and Nvivo are preferred)
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; word processing skills in both English and Nepali (Devanagari typing)
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in mental health research, RCTs, having a track record of academic publications
- Having a driving license for a motorbike or scooter will be an added asset.
Interested, qualified, and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with the cover letter, updated resume (CV), and expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. of 22nd November, 2023. The selection process will be on a rolling basis.
Only short-listed candidates will be informed about the further selection process. Any activity intended to influence the selection process will lead to disqualification. All the selected candidates will undergo rigorous background checks.
TPO Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. TPO Nepal does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.