Organization: Population Services International (PSI)
Population Services International (PSI), a global nonprofit organization, is focused on the encouragement of healthy behavior and affordability of health products. PSI is committed to the principle that health services and products are most effective when they are accompanied by robust communications and distribution efforts that help ensure wide acceptance and proper use. PSI uses commercial marketing strategies to achieve this in the areas of malaria, family planning, HIV, diarrhea, pneumonia and sanitation. PSI/Nepal is partnering with the Government of Nepal, the private sector and local and international organizations in areas of nationally defined health priorities to create health solutions that are built to last. Its current portfolio includes family planning, adolescent sexual and reproductive health, and hygiene and sanitation programs in support of the Government of Nepal.
PSI/Nepal is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Position: Research Specialist
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Kathmandu
The Research Specialist is responsible for the design, implementation and reporting of research/studies; and share results for informing policies, improving programs and contribute evidence to generate new projects and program innovations most applicable for PSI/Nepal.
Experience and Qualification:
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Population Studies or Biostatistic
- At least five years of progressive experience in health-related research and evaluation activities, preferably in sexual and reproductive health and health systems is required. Additionally, experience in knowledge management and research communication is preferred while experience in developing funding proposals is desirable
- Sound understanding and competence in research methodology: quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods. Skills and experience in program management, field research, further analysis of data and evidence generation
- Experience of working with sub-national government bodies
- Proven competence in management and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data using software – Stata, SPSS NVivo, Atlas.ti and digital field data collection software/tools. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office suite, software for data visualization and data communication
- At least two scientific research papers published in peer-reviewed indexed journals within last five years.
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication, and interpersonal skills (diplomacy, patience) with the ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Proactive and independent approach to work and problem solving with the capacity to perform in a complex environment with cultural sensitivity
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Fluent in English and Nepali (speaking, writing, and typing) with excellent writing skills in English
Last date to apply: December 3, 2020
For detailed Job Description, Please CLICK HERE
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to submit their motivation letter and updated resume (including two referees) by December 3, 2020 to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer”