Organization: Winrock International
Winrock International is seeking candidates for the following positions.
Position: Reading and Digital Literacy Specialist, USDA- funded McGovern Dole Food for Education and Child Nutrition Program
Winrock is seeking a Reading and Digital Literacy Specialist for an anticipated $20 million USDA-funded McGovern Dole Food for Education and Child Nutrition program in Nepal. The Reading and Digital Literacy Specialist will be responsible for implementing a high-quality, results-oriented program focused on increasing literacy and quality education; reducing hunger and improving nutrition among primary school-aged students (especially girls), pregnant and lactating women, and children under five years old in Nepal. The Reading and Digital Literacy Specialist will oversee the literacy and teacher training and activities by implementing strategic digital learning platforms. The Reading and Digital Literacy Specialist will incorporate technological methods to strengthen local communities and government capacity to improve literacy outcomes and maintain a school feeding program.
The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
• Develop the program digital literacy learning strategy by incorporating various learning platforms into teacher training activities
• Provide capacity building support to local and national governments through training on school digital learning platforms
• Adapt school learning curriculum into online and mobile learning methods
• Support the Chief of Party in developing annual planning; timely, high quality implementation of activities; and monitoring and evaluation of project implementation and deliverables.
• Manage the community engagement and education components of the project, supervising technical staff, field coordinators, and volunteers.
• Oversee literacy and teacher training activities in target school communities.
• Provide technical assistance, support, and oversight to partner NGOs and CSOs.
• Provide technical assistance, support, and information to national and local government officials.
• Oversee the program’s sustainability strategy working with local and national government, school communities and teachers to sustain program results in education and school feeding.
• Support monitoring and evaluation to measure impacts.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of the program’s learning agenda.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and background:
• Bachelor’s level degree required; masters preferred in education, international development, political science, or a relevant social science discipline.
• Experience in using tech platforms and digital strategy for learning program in Nepal
• Applicants must have a minimum of 7 years’ experience working on education programs, including a minimum of 2 years’ of demonstrated managerial and/or team leadership experience.
• Experience in developing digital strategies to increase program learning outcomes
• Knowledge of technological capacity of local and national governments; schools; and community groups
• Experience integrating and adapting technology into learning curriculum in education and learning programs
• Has relevant experience implementing education and literacy programs, preferably in South Asia.
• Experience and specialization in the areas of literacy, teacher training, community-based education, creating/maintaining partnerships with local government, communities and CSOs.
• Experience managing projects to the highest ethical standards.
• Demonstrated leadership on access to education programs.
• Experience in strategic planning and implementation of strategic plans.
• Knowledge or understanding of social, economic, and political context governing education access and attainment in South Asia, and ideally Nepal specifically.
• Experience providing support to formal and informal education programs, parent teacher organizations, including technical pedagogical content, leadership skills, and organizational capacity building.
• Experience in current learning technology and digital teaching platforms
• Ability to teach and train digital learning software
• Multiple years of strong management experience, facilitating team members and partners coordination.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills.
• Significant project management experience and leadership is highly desired.
• Experience in the South Asia region is required, and Nepal strongly preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
Winrock International is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, people with disabilities and those belonging to discriminated groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All employees should adhere to Donor and Winrock International’s code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.