Project Manager ( Commercial )
Department Name: Commercial
Work Experience: 4-5 years
State/Province: Province No.3
Zip/Postal Code: 44600
Launched in 2012, Daraz is South Asia’s online shopping and selling destination of choice present in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Nepal. Supported by a wide range of tailored marketing, data, and service solutions, the pioneering e-commerce ecosystem in South Asia has 30,000 sellers and 500 brands, serving 5 million consumers. With 2 million products available, Daraz offers a diverse assortment of products in categories ranging from consumer electronics to household goods, beauty, fashion, sports equipment, and groceries. Focused on providing an excellent customer experience, it offers multiple payment methods including cash-on-delivery, comprehensive customer care and hassle-free returns. Daraz is owned by Alibaba Group Holding Limited.
- Drive and monitor key business growth projects/battles of the company.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Specify KPIs within the projects and measure performance to keep track of progress.
- Work with cross-functional department Heads and Leads to plan and execute growth plan projects
- Setup meetings in regular intervals to update the management and all relevant stake holders of the project.
- Coordinate and follow up with functional teams to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time. -Setup and lead relevant cross-department meetings if needed as per scope of the work to ensure respective areas of the projects are moving forward.
- Identify bottlenecks in interdepartmental processes and improve/streamline those processes
- Track project progress; identify, report and resolve issues in order to launch initiatives on time and smoothly.
- Think out of the box and Identify new areas of growth or service improvement within or beyond the scope.
- Work with our regional teams based outside of Nepal to incorporate and implement best practices.
- Drive collaboration and positive relationships between functions within Daraz in order to meet common business goals while sceptic enough to challenge current existing processes for better outcomes.
Some current major projects that may include as part of the roles are below. In addition to this other minor projects may also be incorporated as part of this role.
- Supply Growth Battle:
Major battle in the company to ensure we drive enough quality assortment and quality sellers in the company. You will be expected to understand all current existing processes with all cross functional departments and how they can be optimized to direct our resources for a better supply.
- Category Expansion:
Not all categories are delivered to all existing locations. Your role will be to understand the relevant category/logistical challenges for not being able to deliver and deep dive to work with relevant teams in order to open up these categories. You will be expected to create and develop a plan and how we can execute them in different phases and track the success of it.
- Masters or Relevant with at least 4 years of management experience
- Proven negotiation skills, influencing abilities and strong analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability of excelling in fast-paced, changing and ambiguous environments and work under high pressure
- Working knowledge in Excel and MS Office package
- Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadline
- An international working environment in a start-up setting, and the unique opportunity to learn from industry leaders, including Lazada and Alibaba teams
- Work closely with country and group level management to build e-commerce in Nepal
- Hands-on experience in leading a team and growing a business
- Five days working week (Monday to Friday)
- Benefit Package: Social security fund, fuel expenses, mobile top ups and data pack, accidental insurance, medical insurance. Annual body medical check up.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.zohopublic.com.