Website Committed To Good (CTG)
Vacancy id: VAC-10708
Project Management Support Officer
Apply by: 27-Oct-2023
Start date: 01-Nov-2023
Duration: 1 year 4 months
Number of vacancies: 1
Qualification: Master’s in project management, business administration, business psychology, organizational behavior communication, media studies, journalism, international relations, public / media relations, public relations, event management, English or any other related field is requireda bachelor’s Degree in combination with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree (essential).
Sector experience: Minimum of 5 year/s of demonstrable relevant project support, monitoring & evaluation, communications, event management, advocacy / government relations, digital media, journalism / press, environmental issues, public / media relations, marketing, international relations, writing / editing (including grant / proposal writing), research or any other related field experience (essential).
Geographical experience: Minimum of 5 year/s of experience in Asia (essential).
Languages: Fluent in English (essential).
CTG overview: CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position
- Our client is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian & development projects around the world. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, they provide sustainable project management, procurement & infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors & United Nations organizations. With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, our client offers its partners the logistical, technical & management knowledge they need, where they need it. By implementing around 1,000 projects for their partners at any given time, our client makes significant contributions to results on the ground, often in the most challenging environments.
- Our client has signed an MOU with an intergovernmental organization called SACEP (South Asia Cooperative Environment Program). SACEP is implementing the World Bank funded PLEASE project in South Asia. In accordance with the agreement, our client will provide implementation support & advice to SACEP in implementing the Plastic free Rivers & Seas for South Asia project (PLEASE). Our client is expected to assist the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in implementing the RBGs (Regional Competitive Block Grants) under component 1, component 2 & component 3 of the PLEASE project.
Role objectives: Under the direct supervision of the Project Management Support Specialist (Field Coordination) & overall Supervision of the Senior Program Manager. The incumbent will provide project management support to the implementation of the project in the country.
Support to reporting:
- In close communication with the M&E Specialist that is based in Colombo, Sri Lanka, support activities that monitor & evaluate the grant performance.
- Provide support to grantees to produce timely updates according to predefined M&E formats, contribute to high quality reports with accurate information.
- Support the grantees to identify challenges, risks, issues, best practices, success stories & lessons learnt, support information dissemination to achieve strategic communication.
- Support monitoring missions including suggesting mission schedules, facilitating progress meetings, interviews, observation visits, focus group discussions.
- Facilitate necessary translations & gather information to be included in mission reports along with any recommendations.
- Support the field project team to conduct independent & regular background & context monitoring, engaging with local communities, government agencies, NGOs & relevant stakeholders to gather insights & feedback concerning the implementation of grants.
Support advocacy & communication activities of grantees:
- In close communication with the Communications Officers of the grantees, obtain regular reports & updates from the grantees in the country connected to trade relationship, communication & reporting.
- Provide advice & support to develop communications strategies to the specific project of the grantees.
- Ensure appropriate visibility for PLEASE project with all stakeholders, including correct logo usage, appropriate media coverage both locally &internationally, assess the communications materials of partners to ensure that they are appropriate & relevant to the communities in which they are used.
Support the implementation of the external communication strategy for the PLEASE project:
- Identify new communications opportunities for the PLEASE project grantees, suggest opportunities & facilitate the implementation in an independent, self driven way to enhance the communications impact of the PLEASE project.
- Support the project Communications Specialist & the PIU team to determine key messages & refine those messages over time based on evidence.
- Support the PIU Communications Specialists to ensure internal & external communications channels are well managed, including social media & website, staying attuned to global developments in web based communications to ensure PLEASE project is up to date & following latest developments.
- Suggest written & visual content for distribution to the press & website or other relevant channels, including articles, speeches, videos, brochures, newsletters & reports.
- Support the management of communications products, including the preparation of factsheets & materials needed for workshops, seminars, briefings & events.
- Working with regional officers / team to identify & obtain feature / success stories & other materials to facilitate global / regional advocacy.
- Support brand awareness PLEASE, including raising awareness & managing the perception of the fund through localized messaging & brand management.
- Provide missions with high quality briefing kits before each visit.
Event management & capacity development:
- Support the organization of events & activities to showcase the outcome of the PLEASE project to partners, stakeholders & public audiences.
- Organize logistics for field trips & events, including media & press management, production of print items & visibility.
- Support to evaluate effectiveness & impact of PLEASE publicity campaigns, events, website & social media.
- Support smooth, well functioning internal communications & knowledge management for the PLEASE project, particularly for dedicated social media & the official website.
- Ensure maintenance of relevant contact lists (media, academics, key stakeholders) & content libraries (photos, data, videos).
- Support the M&E Specialist to maintain relevant databases & information.
- Maintain internal knowledge management by gathering lessons learned.
- Support events & other mechanisms to disseminate information (internal & external) based on lessons learned.
Project reporting: This role works under the direct supervision of the Project Management Support Specialist (Field Coordination) & overall Supervision of the Senior Program Manager.
- Master’s degree in project management, business administration, business psychology, organizational behavior communication, media studies, journalism, international relations, public / media relations, public relations, event management, English or any other related field is requireda bachelor’s Degree in combination with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- Five years of experience in project support, monitoring & evaluation, communications, event management, advocacy / government relations, digital media, journalism / press, environmental issues, public / media relations, marketing, international relations, writing / editing (including grant / proposal writing), research or any other related fields is required.
- Experience working in advertising, public relations, social behavior change communications would be an asset.
- Experience in developing strategy & plans for communications & helping in organizing events (& associated materials) is highly preferable.
- Previous working experience in a similar position with media organizations, UN, NGO or private organizations would be an asset.
- Previous experience with environmental issues including plastic management would be an asset.
- Fluency in English & a local language is required.
Team management: Team management experience is not required for this role.
Further information: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- At no stage of the recruitment process will CTG ask candidates for a fee. This includes during the application stage, interview, assessment and training.
- CTG has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) which is outlined in its Code of Conduct. Protection from SEA is everyone’s responsibility and all staff are required to adhere to CTG’s Code of Conduct at all times.