Website World Vision International Nepal
Project Coordinator – Education
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The Education Coordinator position will manage Technology Embedded Learning Opportunity for Students (TELOS) project portfolio of WVIN’s Field Office in compliance with WVIN’s sectoral and quality standards, Government’s policies and industry norms based in Bajhang. The role will be responsible for managing and monitoring the performance of partner NGO, ensuring that partner NGO has access to appropriate technical and functional support, and managing relationships with sectoral key stakeholders including Local Governments.
The role will also be responsible for contributing to the design of new education projects if applicable.
Manage, monitor and document performance of partner NGO to ensure that the implementation of WVIN’s TELOS Project is according to plans, budgets and in alignment with quality standards and benchmarks
- Coordinate and facilitate appropriate technical support for partner NGO to adequate technical quality in the delivery of WVIN’s TELOS Project, meeting minimum standards and targets including reaching the most vulnerable children, families and communities, empower communities, and mainstream crosscutting theme – inclusion, disabilities, environment, gender and protection
- Coordinate with MEAL team to ensure that partner NGO provide timely and relevant data for appropriate analysis of programme results, including sharing of results and continuous improvements of programme design and implementation
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that partner NGOs have access to appropriate information, tools and resources to enable compliance of projects with organizational standards and legal requirement in the areas of financial management, supply chain management, people management and project management
- Prepare and disseminate regular reporting to update WVIN’s management on the progress of WVIN’s TELOS Project against key performance indicators
- Prepare timely project reports as per organizational and donors’ requirements
- Identify and assess risks associated with the implementation of WVIN’s TELOS Project by partner NGO; communicate risks to management
- In coordination with Field Office Team and other WVIN’s departments, lead partner NGO to prioritize risks, develop and implement mitigation measures
Ensure that all business processes and operational activities that are associated with the implementation of WVIN’s TELOS Project in compliance with WV’s and donors’ standards and requirements
This role is about identifying the technical competencies required, assessing competency gaps of field staff/partners, planning then and delivering training and other kinds of technical support to build the capabilities necessary for field staff to effectively implement the TELOS Project.
- Provide in-field support for ADPs during key events to strengthen programming quality and results;
- Work with Field Program Lead and coordinate across education field staffs to ensure the development and regular use of all technical tools necessary for the successful implementation of TELOS Project – including implementation guideline, quality benchmark, training materials, training curriculum, information materials, BCC materials and other resources;
- Orient field and partner staff on the programming tools and materials to ensure they are utilized correctly and applied during programme implementation;
- Develop and lead on drafting and implementation of the annual sector technical capacity building and training plan for field staff; manage the implementation of the plan. Measure, track and report on field level technical competencies/capacity;
- Develop and deliver training and capacity building for field staff to ensure adequate competencies at field/partner level to deliver all necessary components of the education projects to ensure project targets achieved;
- Facilitate and participate in monthly 1-2h webexes with all field education staff providing coaching and training capacity building/ at least monthly training;
- In coordination with Field Program Lead, build external relationships and engagement with government line agencies, other INGOs/NGOs, research institutions and private sector at local, district and provincial levels in alignment with WVIN’s national strategy/plan for engagement in the education sector
- Coordinate and support partner NGOs to manage relationships with local stakeholders, bodies and networks that are relevant for achieving WVIN’s advocacy objectives in the Education sector
- Coordinate organizational processes with which WVIN’s TELOS Project has to be engaged, including but not limited to annual planning and budgeting process and audit
- Contribute to design of education related projects for each of WVIN’s Area Programs, including for institutional grant proposals for successful funding acquisition
- Contribute to the (re)design of WVIN’s Technical Approach and Technical Programmes for the sector and to documentation of good practice evidence
- Increasing demonstration and understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values in the approach to work and relationships;
- Performance review completed and personal development goal achieved;
- Update information and knowledge gathered through participation of meeting, training, workshop and exchange visit;
- Anything else requested by the line manager to support the quality of programming for WVIN;
- Support a relief response for the relevant sector or as a member of the National Disaster Management Team.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- At least 3 years (for those with Masters degree) or 5 years (for Bachelor) of field experience in managing education related programming or in the headquarters of a major NGO, INGO, or government department
- Required Education, training, license, registration and certification
- Master degree in an Education technical field with 3 years of experience,
- Or 5 years’ experience for Bachelors in Education related program management for INGO, NGO or government.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Technical knowledge on education technical programming, including a strong emphasis on literacy and learning outcomes for early grade.
- Technical knowledge on the use of ICT in Education
- Understanding of education programming that takes an empowerment approach including community-led activities and advocacy
- Understanding programme logic, programme design, and programme cycle including project planning, design, monitoring, evaluation
- Demonstrated high capacity to coordinate effectively and build strong working relationships with wide range of people and departments
- Good writing skills and ability to write/edit reports, contribute to grant proposals
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.