Website VSO Nepal
Position: Project Coordinator, Education, HRMPEL
Salary: As per organization rule
Contract type: Fixed Term
Full Time: 37 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 01 Apr 2021
Interview date: Soon as possible
Start date: Soon as possible
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
- To assist the Project Manager (Inclusive Education) in implementing the IE project in Baglung funded by HEMPEL foundation.
- To take lead roles in implementation of field level activities of IE project in Baglung
- To facilitate Implementing Partner in quality service delivery and provide technical support
- To engage in volunteer management, partners management, financial matters and managing beneficiaries and continuously report to the Project Manager on timely manner and support Project Manager about the issues, challenges if any including suggestions for further corrections
- To administer the project with the Implementing Partners through quality implementation of activities undertaken vis-à-vis plans, fund flow management, maintaining monitoring sheet, and ensuring compliances of the programme area financial contractual matters
- To represent VSO and the project in local, district and provincial level education and development forums
Skills, qualifications and experience
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in education and having strong knowledge and experiences on education project including teacher’s professional development. Proven experiences working in diverse, multicultural team.
- At least 5 years of work experience in project implementation, particularly working with women, children and youth in diverse and vulnerable community.
Technical insights on partner management in education programmes
- Experience of education programme/ projects and experience of identifying, analyzing, problem solving, responding to opportunities and challenges, and the ability to translate ideas into practical action
- Practical experience of applying development issues at a project schools/communities and education management level.
- Good knowledge and understanding of education projects including access and quality of early grades children
- Better knowledge understanding and experiences on education related issues and policies in Nepal including formative assessment and evaluation.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of development issues.
- Facilitating skills, and skills on assessments of possible partners etc.
- Experience of strengthening capacity of partners, teachers and development stakeholders on education policy and plans.
Insights on program management and advisory support
- Previous experience of working together with different partners in project management
- Project monitoring and reporting
- Ability to analyses information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided.
Networking for collaboration and partnership
- Linkage building with development stakeholders for increased collaborative endeavors
- Communicate with Government partners (Education) formally and effectively.
- Represent VSO in different networks and stakeholder at district and provincial level.
Volunteering for Development – Understanding and valuing the role of volunteering for development. Familiarity with diverse models of volunteer engagement and the volunteer journey – proven ability to leverage volunteer engagements to deliver project interventions in the local level. Personal experience of volunteering for development is a significant plus.
Information Technology – Good level of computer skills (Windows, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, Internet).
Travel requirement: Able to travel in different parts of project areas in country and spend time away from work- base location.
Commitment to VSO’s mission, values, People First principles and core approaches (Social Inclusion and Gender, Social Accountability, and Resilience).
- Experience of working with or as volunteer
- Experience in advocacy and research work
- Experience on media and/or social media campaigns
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
Eligability: Nepalese only
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.