Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Position: Programme Funding Coordinator
DCA is looking for an experienced and motivated Programme Funding Coordinator to support in the Programme Funding and Business Development portfolio in Nepal.
You will be part of a dynamic Programme Team and will report directly to the Head of Programmes. You will mainly contribute to diversify the funding and partnership portfolio of DCA Nepal Office, support in DCA’s fundraising strategy development, write high quality proposals, bring innovations in the projects and support in efficient and effective grants management.
The position requires to work closely with the Thematic Leads/Programme Managers, MEAL Manager, Communications and Finance and Procurement Team during the proposals design and grants management process. S/he will maintain relationship with multiple government line ministries, funding agencies and I/NGO counterparts. S/he will closely monitor as well as update on the funding opportunities in the areas of DCA’s work.
DCA Nepal Programme
We have been supporting development work in Nepal since the 1980s. Currently we focus on the following sectors to improve the life of the most marginalised communities in some of the most remote and vulnerable regions of Nepal, through a rights-based approach:
• Inclusive Citizenship for Accountable Governance
• Resilient Livelihoods and Sustainable Food Security
• Humanitarian Response and Disaster Risk Reduction
Gender and Social Inclusion and Climate Change are our cross-cutting areas of work.What you bring
• You have a postgraduate degree in relevant field preferably in Economics, Agriculture, Natural Resources Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Environmental Sciences, Development Studies, or any other relevant field.
• You have minimum five years of relevant working experience in development organisations with similar responsibilities and have demonstrated experience of writing winning proposals.
• Strong experience in project/programme design and writing.
• Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to donor landscaping in Nepal.
• Experience of understanding the donor guidelines/calls/ToRs
• Understanding and experience of designing project/programme budgets
• You have a strong analytical, and coordination skill, as well as excellent interpersonal presentation skills and a good team spirit.
• You have experience or a keen interest in one or more DCA’s areas of work such as DRR, livelihood, climate change, innovation, governance, human rights.
• You have excellent written and spoken English and are an advanced user of the Microsoft Office suite.
• You can work in an organised and responsive manner under pressure and stressful emergency situations, and willingness to be flexible.
• You are committed to social equity and equal rights and opportunities
What we offer
• A one-year renewable contract
• A competitive salary and benefits package
• 4 weeks of paid vacation leave
• Insurance as per DCA Nepal office agreements
• Learning and development opportunities
• An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of communities DCA is working with in Nepal
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Only applications consisting as a minimum of the below will be considered:
(i) Cover Letter (max 1 page),
(ii) CV (max 3 pages) and
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be midnight Danish time Wednesday, 5 August 2020.
Interviews can be held on a rolling basis and DCA reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the closing date.
For further information please visit our website: https://www.danchurchaid.org/where-we-work/nepal
All interested irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Your application must consist of a motivational letter and a CV.
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding policy.
Contact: The Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone inquiry will not be entertained
Place: Kathmandu , Nepal
Deadline: 05/08 2020
Contact person: email@example.com, The Human Resources