Website Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)
Program Management Officer
Contract Type: Staff
Salary scale: International Scale
Contract Duration: 2 years
Deadline: (23:59 KST) 22/10/2023
Job Reference: NP07_KOI_07
Nepal’s terai flood plain is hard hit by recurrent climate emergencies and a humanitarian crisis induced by returning economically displaced migrant workers. The KOICA funded project, titled ‘Building Climate Resilience and Reintegrating Economically Displaced Workers through Climate Smart Agriculture in the Terai Flood Plain, Nepal (2022-2025)’ – hereafter KOICA CSA project – supports widespread adoption of climate smart agriculture to reduce vulnerability and improve food and job security, especially for women and returned migrant workers. It does this by (a) improving emergency management in the agriculture sector to protect lives and livelihoods; (b) strengthening resilient agriculture planning and implementation; and by (c) building and financing climate smart agriculture businesses for job creation and long-term resilient green growth.
The Program Management Officer will be assisting Senior Project Coordination Officer and the Nepal Country Representative in implementing the KOICA CSA project. This task involves monitoring project plans, project outputs, project outcomes, timelines, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
The Program Management Officer ensures the project is in line with its objectives, develops comprehensive work plans, supervises the implementation team, attains project milestones, and effectively communicates outcomes to key stakeholders. Working under the leadership of the Country Representative, the Program Management Officer oversees all aspects of project implementation, monitors progress, and ensures timely delivery of results.
INTRODUCTION TO GGGI
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies. To learn more please visit about GGGI web page.
- Understand the full project management cycle, manage aginast the eatablished workplan, timeline ad budget
- Manage the effective implementation of the project, collection/submission of information for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) purposes, technical reporting and administrative reporting needs under the supervision of the country representative
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and reporting system that tracks overall progress and the accomplishment of specific milestones in cooperation with the HQ Impact & Evaluation Unit
- Provide administrative oversight and managerial support for executing the budget aligned with project activities
- Liaise between GGGI and stakeholders to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
- Assist in the identification, selection and recruitment of staff and experts as required.
- Ensure that GGGI core values including safeguard policies are well implemented.
- Liaise between GGGI and stakeholders to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Support upscaling of the Project and resource mobilization for project expansion
- Collaborate with GGGI colleagues in Nepal Country Office and HQ on project related matters to enable the delivery of high-quality products in accordance with GGGI standards
- Engage with engagement with development partners, private sector institutions, relevant academic institutions and, non-governmental agencies to identify best-practices, lessons to be learned in development of and implementation of capacity-building and awareness raising related to climate change/disaster-risk reduction, climate-smart agricultural production systems, and promotion of climate-resilient agri-businesses focusing on MSMEs and associated government agencies.
- Consolidate a coherent curriculum of best-practices from GGGI/partner experts regarding climate change/disaster-risk reduction, climate-smart agricultural production and processing systems and oversee its delivery to stakeholders in Nepal.
- Compile a cohesive program of best practices from GGGI/partner experts to mainstream social/gender inclusivity consideration across the project/country portfolio and ensuring that this is effectively reported upon.
- Support organizing events and sessions between farmers, entrepreneurs, research institutions and enabling institutions, and potential investors and funders.
- Produce GGGI Online Monthly Report for the project
- Produce quarter, bi-annual, annual donor reports along with annual financial statements
- Closely monitor the project cycle, proactively identify, and promptly flag potential issues related to delivery, quality, and timelines
- Organize project execution consistent with the Project objectives
- Ensure successful completion of the project deliverables detailed in the Project Agreement.
- Successful team management, ensuring GGGI’s core values are embedded in the delivery of the Project and making sure staff wellbeing is key for the implementation.
- Safeguards, Poverty Reduction, Gender, and Social Inclusion are key for this Project and need to be mainstreamed and/or applied in all deliveries and outputs.
- Responsible for timely monitoring and reporting relating to the Project by closely working with the Program Head, Project Associate, and M&E Associate under the direction and guidance of the GGGI Nepal Country Representative.
- Organize program activities including trainings, workshops, and knowledge sharing events, and support in the facilitation of these activities based on yearly/ biannual work programs and budget plans.
- Provide technical leadership to staff members/consultants and build capacity of internal staff, government officials where applicable, farmers and partners involved in the project implementation.
- Ensure the generation of evidence-based knowledge and information on CSA for the selected pilots.
- Preferred 5 years of relevant post-graduate professional experience, including experience in the development, implementation, research and stakeholder capacity building in the area of agriculture and rural development is required.
- Post-graduate education (or equivalent professional experience) in the field of international development, development studies, business administration, or other related subjects is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of living and working outside of their country/countries of nationality (periods of study, volunteer work or internship positions would not be included)
- Strong track record and experience from project cycle management and as leader of project teams is required.
- Fluency in Korean, English, both written and verbal required.
- Work experience in Nepal, particularly in Terai Flood Plain area preferred, including experience working with government institutions and development partners in Madhesh Province is desirable.
- Experience in engaging with multiple stakeholders, including international organizations, financial institutions, government institutions, NGOs, civil society, and others, would be an advantage.
- Leadership, teamwork, and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently while following agreed work plans and instructions.
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team working in an evolving and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) in English and Korean, ICT and facilitation skills.
- Problem solver, able to find and implement solutions.
- Innovative thinker, able to see opportunities across different sectors/disciplines.
- Anticipate and provide necessary technical and content-based support.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Nepal.
- Applies sufficient technical skills to acquire relevant information/knowledge from a variety of sources which are often difficult to access, in support of delivery of a good quality output.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promote the optimum use of public resources
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Process and share information easily.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Promote creativity and innovation among staff.
- Be able to lead where needed and provide solutions to project-level challenge.
- GGGI provides 15% of base salary towards retirement plan/long-term savings, 27 days of annual leave, and private health insurance that covers dental and vision.
- GGGI is committed to providing a work environment that is sufficiently flexible to accommodate diverse life-cycle challenges and assist staff members to achieve a better balance between work and personal/family commitments, thus ensuring high performance, long-term productivity, and well-being of staff members.
Deadline 22 October 2023.