Website World Vision International Nepal
Program Development and Quality Trainee
Job Location: Lalitpur
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
The Trainee for PDQ will provide support to the GAM and Nepal Innovation Lab units primarily and other PDQ team members for the smooth day to day functions of the PDQ Department.
The role will provide support in regular business, programme design, coordinate among members of PDQ and other department/unit team members for information collection and analysis, administrative tasks, meeting, trainings and workshop arrangement and keeping record of department meeting and tracking of the progress on PDQ department key deliverables.
The role requires working with data as well as organisational, time management, and relationship management skills, coupled with dynamic coordination capabilities to drive results across various stakeholders.
Day to Day support to the department
- Assist in drafting of Terms of Reference for Area Programme and Technical Project assessment and design process
- Support in organizing assessment and design workshops including drafting of agenda, sending invitations, and managing logistics
- Participate in assessment and design exercises in the field
- Collect relevant information that will be useful for preparing programme and project profiles
- Assist MEALS team in creating programme and project numbers
- Support Technical team in preparing DIP, design narrative, and annexes during proposal/program design
- Support in preparing key project reports (semi-annual, annual), design documents and other programme output documents
- Keep track of monthly external engagement progress and produce analysis report
- Support the team in prototyping innovative and creative ideas that contributes to World Vision’s effort in serving the most vulnerable.
- Assist in the implementation and the scale up of the ideas generated in the NLab and other departments as well
- Support programme team in quality programme and project design and implementation
Write Up and Research Support
- Coordinate across programs teams to compile data and information for key programmatic documents like Annual Programs Work plan, MMR, Multiyear Business Plan, Field Capacity Building plans etc.
- Prepare field visit and support plan of PDQ team members
- Support in the preparation of programme/project summaries
- Prepare newsletter including quarterly updates received from PDQ team
- Support with identifying contacts and arrange meetings with key stakeholders
- Prepare user manuals and training materials to orient/train concerned stake holders regarding the use of the digital solutions developed.
- Conduct trainings and workshops to orient/train concerned stake holders regarding the use of the digital solutions developed.
- Liaise with remote teams for solution deployment.
- Monitor, track and document activities in order to report on progress and share results, best practice and learnings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support with scheduling and preparing for meetings, including diary and room booking, vehicle requests, gathering documentation and materials
- Logistics arrangement for meetings, trainings and workshops including coordination with team to agree common dates
- Attend key meetings to take minutes; distribute and follow up on agreed actions with meeting participants.
- Provide translation support when required
Learning and Growing
- Demonstrate improved skills on proposal writing, report writing and minute preparation
- Reflect learning on assessment and programme design tools
- Improve skills on information compilation and presentation
- Document learning from assessment and design exercises and processes/outputs
- Develop improvement in learning during traineeship
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Writing development and or academic proposals
- Working with multiple teams
- Knowledge in MS Office Package (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Required Education, training, license, registration and certification
- Bachelor degree in any development themes such as Development Studies, Public Health, Education, Agriculture, or on project planning and management. Other fields will be considered as well.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Coordination skills – ability to work and facilitate work across teams
- Strong interpersonal and marketing skills.
- Proficient in marketing research and statistical analysis
- Proven willingness to learn about new and evolving technology.
- Proven track record of managing activities, resources, equipment and information to ensure excellence in operations in complex project environments.
- Strong creative capacity across communications and problem solving, and the ability to challenge the status quo through creative and design processes.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a non-technological audience.
- Excellent written English skills, and ideally development program writing skills
- Data analysis in excel and infographics skill is a plus
- Administration skills
Travel and/or Work Environment
- Able to coordinate well across teams and units.
- Dynamic working hours could ask for commitment beyond the 9-5 working hours in line with WVI Nepal’s flexible working policy.
- Committed to World Vision Ethos, Mission, Vision and Core values
- Travel may be required to field
- English ( Fluent) & Nepali
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.