Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj
Procurement and Logistic Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
Career Opportunity @KOPILA VALLEY SEWA SAMAJ
Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj (KVSS): “A world where every child is educated, safe and loved”. (KVSS), is a non-profitable NGO registered in Surkhet, Nepal to provides support for children and families in our community. Our mission is to change the world by empowering Nepal’s children. Through Kopila Valley School, we strive to support our student’s journey to become happy, skilled, confident, and self-sufficient adults while serving as a model for quality education. Our programs include a residential children’s home, women’s empowerment center, sustainability, Health & Wellness, family development & of course our beloved school. We provide our students free education, education materials, health treatment and medicine, counseling. With our innovative Futures program, we strive to provide our children with career guidance and scholarships for the further studies. We do this with our funding partner BlinkNow Foundation and in close ties with the local community.
Procurement and Logistic Officer – Position Summary
The Procurement and Logistics Officer at Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj is responsible for overseeing all aspects of procurement, inventory management, and logistics to support the organization’s goals and operational needs in day to day basis. This role requires strong coordination, negotiation, and organizational skills to optimize the supply chain and ensure the timely delivery of goods and services. This position involves a range of responsibilities aimed at ensuring the efficient and cost-effective sourcing, procurement, and distribution of goods and services required to support the organization’s operations.
Work Location: Birendranagar -4, Surkhet
Reporting to: Administration Manager
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Festival allowance, SSF, On-site meal during work days.
Application Deadline: We screen applications on rolling basis
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, public administration, or a related field.
- Experience: At least 3+ years of proven and relevant experience, with at- least 2 years of prior experience of working in an NGO of similar capacity.
- Language: A good communicator, and fluent in English and Nepali would be an added advantage
- Skills and Abilities:
- Administrative Skills: Proficiency in office management and administrative tasks, strong organizational and time-management skills and attention to detail and a focus on accuracy.
- Logistics Expertise: Knowledge of procurement processes and inventory management, experience in planning and coordinating logistics for events and projects and familiarity with safety and security standards in logistics operations.
- Other Skills: Work collaboratively in a team setting with least supervision required, good on using Microsoft Office tools and email, experience with relevant software and tools for inventory management is a plus.
- Administrative Responsibilities (30%)
- Procurement Related Responsibilities (40%)
- Logistics Management Responsibilities (30%)
Administrative Responsibilities (30%)
- Responsible for all documentation work concerning Social Welfare Council, and approval process with local government.
- Preparation of demand form, order form, goods receive form and official letter.
- Maintenance of vehicles logbook, stocks and inventory
- Preparation of bid analysis.
- Preparation of draft regarding annual procurement plan.
- Preparation of draft of annual progress report.
- Keep record and filling admin related document. Responsible for all construction work.
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
- Ensure that relevant data regarding admin are kept confidential and only communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- General administrative tasks, as required
- Work with Administration/HR team to prepare personal file of all the staffs and update periodically
- Responsible for building maintenance committee (with Finance Co-Ordinator and Director of Operation)
- Advise and be part of proposal writing team for any KVSS and KVS projects.
Procurement Related Responsibilities (40%)
- Conduct market research to identify potential suppliers and ensure competitive pricing.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies and policies in line with KVSS guidelines.
- Prepare and issue procurement requests, evaluate quotations, and negotiate terms with suppliers.
- Ensure timely procurement of goods and services while adhering to budget constraints.
- Maintain accurate procurement records and documentation.
Logistics Management Related Responsibilities: (30%)
- Coordinate the procurement of goods and services in compliance with KVSS policies.
- Monitor and manage inventory levels, ensuring timely reordering of supplies.
- Plan and oversee the logistics for events, workshops, and field activities.
- Coordinate transportation and distribution of materials and supplies.
- Ensure compliance with safety and security standards in logistics operations.
- Budget and Finance Support: Assist in budget tracking and financial record-keeping related to admin and logistics, prepare procurement-related documentation and reports, and monitor expenses and ensure adherence to budgetary constraints.
- Compliance and Reporting: Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, prepare and submit periodic reports on administrative and logistics activities, and maintain accurate records for auditing purposes.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with other teams within the organization to support their logistical needs, and provide support during special projects and initiatives as needed.
- Coherence to Mission: A deep commitment to the mission and values of Blink now Foundation and Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the procurement and logistics officer may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by his/her manager, or by the leadership team.
- You believe that we can change the world in the blink of an eye.
- You believe in making decision that put children first.
- you are self motivated, organized, and approachable.
- You enjoy creating systems, keeping records, and increasing effeciency.
- you have a strong work ethic and a willingness to pick up new skills. You are confortable multi-tasking.
- Build positive working relationships and environment in the organization by bringing solutions to the discussion table.
- Demonstrate professionalism in all interactions and execution of duties including ensuring confidentiality as per the organization’s protocols.
- Report to the manager on a weekly basis, and as needed in case of urgent activities.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with the leadership team of KVSS and Blink Now Foundation to ensure the continued success of our joint projects.
- Focus on building the best environment for the students to get the most supportive environment to get career support measured by the data.
If you think this career opportunity will amplify your career growth, we encourage you to apply by clicking “Apply for this Job” and submit all required documents. If your application is a good fit, we will follow up with you directly for the screening process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained.
To apply for this job please visit blinknow.bamboohr.com.