Website Open Learning Exchange (OLE) Nepal
Do you believe that quality education should be accessible to all children? Do you want to make a change that could benefit thousands of young learners through technology? We invite you to be part of our mission and make a difference with your work.
OLE Nepal (Open Learning Exchange Nepal) is a social benefit organization dedicated to enhancing the teaching-learning experience in schools through integrating technology and providing uniform access to quality educational materials across different geographic areas and socio-economic strata.
OLE Nepal develops and distributes free educational content, trains teachers to integrate technology in classrooms, implements technology interventions in rural schools, and helps build local capacity in technology and education.
Position: Position: Communications and Outreach Officer
The person will lead the communication and outreach efforts of the organization.
- Prepare communications and outreach strategies for the organization
- Develop programs to initiate and meet marketing and fundraising goals
- Establish and maintain relations with partners, organizations, and donors
- Coordinate with HR for recruitment processes, vacancy announcements, and communications with possible candidates
- Prepare grant proposals, and project reports, and document various activities of the organization
- Organize fundraising events
- Develop press releases, plan and organize media events, and pitch in the print and electronic media
- Use various channels to disseminate news and information about the organization, promote the organization’s goals and activities, and garner support from a wide range of institutions and individuals
- Produce promotional videos, and brochures highlighting various programs and impacts
- Write, edit and review regular blog posts about the organization’s activities
- Maintain the official website, and update the content and design regularly
- Initiate all social media post planning and scheduling for maximum reach and engagement
- Keep updated with the popular mediums of promotions in the digital market and look into fitting our content in it
- Plan, create and send out quarterly newsletters highlighting achievements and program activities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Communication, or relevant field
- Experience in media communication, marketing, and fundraising preferred
- Able to use social media to promote the organization and connect with the public
- Willing to travel to schools in rural areas
- Driven and motivated about transforming education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali
- Good web media and video editing skills
- Quick learner
Interested applicants can email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Communications and Outreach Officer”.