Website World Vision International Nepal
People & Culture Trainee_National Office
Job Location: Kusunti, KC Tower, Lalitpur, Nepal
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type: Local – Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
The main purpose of the HR Trainee is to support the effective functioning of the People & Culture (HR) Department. The trainee will have opportunity to learn from all aspects of the department, including systems administration, recruitment and personnel administration.
The traineeship provides an opportunity for a recent graduate to start their career in Human Resources (HR), working for an international NGO. They will have opportunity to learn more about World Vision International Nepal and contribute to the organisation’s strategic goal of working with the most vulnerable children and families.
- Creation and maintenance of digital staff files employment paperwork
- Maintain proper filing system
- Prepare all the documents for New Starter Packs and ensure all documents are in place after on boarding of new staff
- Prepare all documents for exiting staffs including administrative work (e.g. printing letters, certificates, etc.)
- Ensure all documents are in place with 100% accuracy
- Schedule and inform candidates for the written test and interviews
- Support in conducting written test
- Conduct pre-employment checks including references, identity checks, and qualification checks.
- Provide timely communication to the candidates, such as regret letters.
- Ensure the People & Culture Intranet site is up to date with appropriate information, forms and resource tools
- Work with peers to manage workloads and support achievement of department objectives
- Identify, build relationships and work with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of support services and information
- Contact point for People & Culture general enquires, directed to appropriate team member for response
- Take initiative and be proactive in identifying and resolving the needs of the People and Culture team
- Contribute to People & Culture projects as agreed with supervisor
- Ensure systematic P&C processes for efficient operations
- Provide end user support for P&C Systems
- Spend time in learning specific skills and capability to enhance the capacity
- Apply the learning within the work scope
Required Education, training, license, registration and certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Human Resource Management
- Basic knowledge of administration
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Strong clerical, computing and organisational skills, in particular use of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Knowledge of team administration and business processes
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in both English and Nepali including across cultures
- Good systems ability
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Resourcefulness, adaptability, and flexibility
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability and commitment to listen to others
** IF YOU ARE FORMER REGISTERED CHILDREN OF WVI NEPAL SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM PLEASE KINDLY MENTION IN THE APPLICATION LETTER OR CV
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.