Website Nick Simons Institute (NSI)
Nick Simons Institute (NSI) works with the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP) in strengthening the rural healthcare services through its Hospital Support Program (HSP) throughout the country hence seeks qualified and suitable candidates for the following positions:
1. Title/Position: MD in General Practice (Few)
- MDGP with valid NMC registration.
- Competent in rural surgeries, energetic and ready to work in a rural setting in a government hospital.
- Lead the hospital as a clinical coordinator
- Perform lifesaving emergency surgeries like C-Section, Appendectomy, Herniorrhaphy, Hydrocele correction etc.
- Manage Obstetric Complications
- Coordinate with Medical Superintendent, Hospital Chairperson, and other key stake holders for improvement of clinical services in the hospital.
2. Title/Position: Medical Officer (Few)
- MBBS graduate with valid NMC registration
- Competent, energetic, and ready to work in a rural setting in a district hospital
- Provide day-to-day clinical care to parents.
- Conduct deliveries nd identify obstetric complications and manage accordingly.
- Perform C-Section independently upon receiving of ASBA training.
3. Title/Position: Staff Nurse (Few)
- PCL Nursing from recognized Nursing school.
- Active Registration with Nepal Nursing Council
- At least 2 years work experience in related area.
- Provide day-to-day nursing care to patients.
- Conduct normal deliveries and identify obstetric complications and manage accordingly.
- Work with hospital surgical team as an Operation Theater (OT) nurse.
- Skilled Birth Attended (SBA) & Operation Theatre Technique Management (OTTM) training
- At least 1 year of previous work experience
- Experience in OT skills.
4. Title/Position: Anesthesia Assistant (Few)
- Graduate in Anesthesia Assistant Course from recognized medical school
- Active Registration with professional Council
- Work in government hospital as Anesthesia Assistant.
- Ensure the OT is in a state of readiness for anesthesia procedures.
- Prepare patient for surgery as per requirement.
- Support anesthesiologist as per require.
- Provide technical assistance to MDGP for operation theatre, OPD and Emergency units
5. Title/Position: Biomedical Equipment Technician (Few)
- Diploma in Biomedical Equipment Engineering (DBEE) from recognized school.
- Work as BME Technician and establish a biomedical maintenance unit with required office and workshop.
- Ensure all biomedical equipment in functional state.
- Conduct preventive and maintenance of equipment and keep an inventory up to date.
6. Title/Position: Laboratory Technician (Few)
- Graduate in Medical Laboratory Technician course from recognized medical school.
- At least 2 years work experience in related area
- Examine body fluids and tissues for abnormal chemical levels, cells, or gems
- Prepare tissue for microscopic examination.
- Determine blood group and X-match for transfusions.
- Operate and maintain sophisticated instruments and equipment used in the division.
7. Title/Position: Radiographer (Few)
- Diploma in radiography from recognized medical school.
- At least 2 years work experience in related field.
- Carry out X-ray imaging of patient as requested by the physicians with standards.
- Perform proper processing of digitalizing of images on CR machine (as applicable)
- Ensure consistently high-quality CXRs.
- Check and correct technical quality of the images.
Note: For all above positions he workshop is one of NSI Supported Government Hospitals in rural settings.
Terms: 1 year (renewal, based upon performance)
Application Procedure: Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit the following documents.
1. A covering letter – expressing why you would like to join NSI
2. Up-dated CV. Please review your CV and concise it in 2 pages (strictly)
3. Mention name of 2 professional references and their contact details in the CV.
Please do not send any documents other than mentioned above at this stage.
Telephone inquiries will be automatically disqualified form the selection procedure.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for receiving applications: 6 July 2022 by 5 pm.
Source: The Himalayan Times, 22 June, 2022