Organization: Himalayan Trust Nepal
Himalayan Trust, a reputed NGO in Nepal looking for the following professionals to hire immediately
Position: Science Teacher Trainer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Summary of Position
Department: Teacher Training
Starting date: 1st February 2019
Job Place: Kathmandu
Project Area: Solukhumbu
Time to be spent in the Field: 180 days or as per the requirement
Type of Job:
Full Time: Yes
Purpose of Job:
The purpose of this position is to train science teachers of basic schools (ECED to grade 8) in school and evaluate their teaching performance with need assessment of schools, teachers and students. Coordinate with School Management Committees, local authorities and partners for improving the quality education of the Solukhumbu schools.
• Assist Teacher Training Coordinator in developing training package, work plan, strategic plan and deliver school based teacher training and centre based teacher training programme
• Assist to define subject-wise training facilitators in coordination with existing and potential partners
• Prepare training content, activities to be followed at the time of training programme
• Manage teaching materials for teacher training programme
• Manage the classrooms and training requisites and run training in coordination with local government, SMC and partners
• Prepare the guidelines for teacher trainer for improvement in the context of teaching methodology after observing Teacher’s teaching skills
School Visit Activities:
• Assist the teachers to develop annual and monthly workplan, unit plan and daily lesson plan and teaching materials in the schools of Solukhumbu region where Himalayan Trust has launched projects and programmes and prepare periodic reports.
• Assist in making cluster of schools for implementation and monitoring of the programme in the field to be simple and effective
• Collect students’ progress report, volume of student and teachers data and also drop-out rate of students
• Observe the challenges in class teaching and find out the way out for the challenges,
• Visit schools for in school support program/ School and centre based training and evaluation report to be furnished to HTN and HTNZ
• Organize Community Orientation Programme (COP) focusing with Interaction on increasing quality in Education, Roles and responsibility of SMC, parents, teachers and students.
• Conduct education based surveys and researches as and when required
• Document outputs and outcomes of the project intervention and develop success stories for reporting to HTN, respective donors and government authorities.
• Check the stock of stationery of each school before collecting the requisition list
• Collect the list of school supplies for schools in the month of December.
• Participate for selection of tender bids organized by the HTN procurement committee
• Manage the school supplies to respective schools and coordinate with schools and also collect the acknowledgement receipts from respective schools and send to HTN Office.
• Check and verify the packages of each individual schools supply in the presence of concerned headmaster / school teachers.
• Write and submit the training report, guided to up-coming progress in teaching and learning in the schools, training organized in coordination with partners to The Chief Executive Officer (CEO), HTN Board and also donors as per need base
• Participate the meeting of procurement committee as secretary for school stationery and supplies to the various schools of the Solukhumbu region and student’s requirement and also share the right bidder for procurement in reasonable price.
• Master’s Degree in Science stream and teacher training Or Master’s Degree in in Science in Education (M.Ed. in Science).
Relevant Experience and Other Requirement
• At least 5 years Teaching Experience in Science and minimum three year’s training experience at basic grade level schools
• Practical knowledge and experience in Teacher Training from Early Child Development to eight grade
• Proficiency in computer-base application package
• Effective oral and written communication skills in both English and Nepali. If you know one of the local indigenous languages, that is a plus.
• Demonstrated expertise and experience within a specific area
• Area, people, education related to local people based knowledge of Solukhumbu.
• Update the professional skills and knowledge of the trainers through participating the Training of Teacher (TOT) organized by NCED or others.
• Prepared to work under pressure and harsh environment,
• Mass Management Skill
• Handling capacity of high volume of transactions
• Conveys the need to use updated project approaches
• Monitor outputs in comparison to work plan
• Have substantial knowledge on inclusive educational development
Immediate Reporting Relationships
Report To :
• Chief Executive Officer through Teacher Training Coordinator- direct reporting line manager
• Program Officer
• Finance Officer
• District Coordinator
• School Teachers
In absence of the job holder, the responsibly will be handled by Training Coordinator.
Last date to apply: 20 November 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Source: Himalayan Times, 14 November 2019