Organization: Nepal Development Research Institute (NDRI)
Nepal Development Research Institute (NDRI) is a Policy Research Institute involved in high quality research and development activities. NDRI is starting a major two-year programme of work on tobacco control – the “NDRI Tobacco Control Program”. This work will produce research and policy analysis on a critical issue for Nepalis future and Nepali’s health. The work is being supported by Cancer Research UK (CRUK). We are seeking candidate for Senior Research Associate (SRA) to play a lead technical and management role for this program. The position also offers unique opportunities for professional development with substantial advice, support and capacity building being available across the two years.
Position: Research Associate (Project Development)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Lalitpur, Nepal
Education Level : Master
Experience Required : Not Required
• Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Water Resource Management or related fields
Roles and Responsibilities
• Scanning calls of proposals
• Writing project proposals
• Writing reports etc.
Research Associate will be responsible in scanning calls of proposal and writing proposals. S/he will work under specific guidance of the Project Team Leader and other Technical Experts and responsible to contribute overall NDRI activities. S/he will report to the Executive Director (ED)/ or Program Director (PD) of NDRI and receive instructions from ED and other NDRI Board Members.
The specific tasks to be performed are as follows:
• Scanning of calls of proposals, writing proposals and project documents and research reports
• Review of data base on the state-of-the-art information on practices of data base management, develop in presentable format and prepare reports in various formats including graphs, charts, matrix etc as required
• Collection of primary and secondary information from the central level, regional as well as community level
• Carry out overall planning of the project in coordination with supervisors and technical experts
• Carry out desk analysis of the data/information and interpretation of data
• Prepare and present reports and other deliverables for the project
• Support NDRI Management for institutional capacity building for Quality Control and Quality assurance for research and publication
• Performs any other assignments/tasks instructed by ED/PD, Program Coordinators and other Senior Staffs
Priority will be given to those who have sound knowledge on scanning of proposal calls and project proposal writing.
Terms of Engagement
Station: NDRI Office, Pulcowk, Lalitpur, with visits to project sites
Duration: Annual Contract with possibilities of extension, two months of probation period
Mode of Application
The application packet inclusive of the following items should be submitted at NDRI Office
• Completed application form of NDRI
• Anupdated CV
• A cover letter quoting expected salary and other benefits
• A copy of Nationality card
• A copy of the latest academic degree
• Evidence of three documents of the prior achievement
Last date to apply: 16 February, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
The committed and qualified candidates shall submit duly filled application form and other credentials in person to NDRI no later than 16 February, 2020.
Nepal Development Research Institute (NDRI)
Tel: +977-1-5554975, Fax: +977-1-5537362