Organization: Koshi Victim’s Society (KVS) Nepal
KVS is a nonpfofitable development organization working in development sector mainly in DRR, WASH, CC and Resilience, EWS, and poverty reduction since 2005. Koshi Victim’s Society (KVS) Nepal based non-profit development organization, is seeking applications from the qualified candidates for position of Disaster Risk Reduction Humanitarian Support Project.
Position: Project Coordinator
Type of the Position: Fixed Term (Project Period)
Duty Station: Rajbiraj with frequent travel to project sites.
Disaster Risk Reduction Humanitarian Support Project (DRR/HP Project) is one of the KVS flagship and strategic projects in Saptari District implementing partnership with OXFAM Nepal. For ensuring better implementation, monitoring and achieving quality results; Project Coordinator need to play the crucial roles. S/he ensures the better coordination and communication among the community, Local and district line agencies and KVS board. These are some of illustrative major roles but are not limited to
Major roles and responsibilities:
• Provide direction to the program, Take lead for coordination and communication with community and government stakeholders
• Establish cordial coordination and linkage with Donors, Line Agencies, Stakeholders, DDRC and other Development Agencies for implementing programme with expected output
• Ensure on timely project implementation, monitoring and Compile and prepare periodic reports; and ensure the timely submission of narrative and financial reporting
• Work closely with KVS Team to ensure the timely implementation of project activities and expenses as per work plan, M&E plan and budget; collect all necessary data, case studies, photos and others as required from the field
• Support to Executive Director on overall project management including admin and finance issues and about new project design
• Follow the instructions and suggestions from Executive Director
• Major time to be allocated in field (60%) and rest of time in office at Rajbiraj
Qualification and Experience Requirement:
• Should have at least Bachelor level study in disaster management / social science / business study / agriculture / natural resource management / environmental sciences
• At least three-years of experiences with NGO/INGO sector in the field of Wash, DRR, Resilience, EWS, Climate Change or Agriculture/livelihoods
• Strong skills on linkage, networking and communication with government and concerned stakeholders
• Strong report writing (computer typing) and communication skills in English,
• Should have fluent in Nepali, Maithali and Hindi languages.
• Should have motorbike driving license
• Able to frequently travel in field sites
• Previous experiences on flood resilience, early warning and livelihoods etc would be added value
• Good sense of humor and a team player
Last date to apply: 20 April 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to apply to the position through email: email@example.com by 20 April 2019. No phone call will be entertained. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further selection process.