Organization: MITRA Samaj
MITRA Samaj is a National Level Non-Government Organization (NGO) established in 2006 with its networks spread across Nepal. From July 2019 onwards, it is planning on implementing a two-year-long project on Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) targeted towards girls and women residing in 4 different municipalities (Godawari, Tarkeshwor, Shankarapur, Dakshinkali) adjoining Kathmandu
MITRA Samaj is one of the pioneer NGOs in Nepal that specializes in Social Entrepreneurship and Marketing. Affiliated to Social Welfare Council, it has been working in the area of MHM since 2012. For more information visit www.mitrasamaj.org.
Junior Field Officer(s) will be responsible for supporting Sales and Outreach Agents (SOA) for social marketing of sanitary pads in project municipalities, coordinating with local level authorities, organizing orientation sessions on MHM in communities, collecting data, monitoring field activities among others, under the supervision of the Project Manager.
Position: Junior Field Officer
Number of Position(s): 4 (one for each municipality)
Places of assignment/Work Station: Godawari, Tarkeshwor, Shankarapur and Dakshinkali Municipality.
Reporting to: Project Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Support and monitor social marketing initiatives at the local level
• Participate in mobilization of sales and outreach agents
• Conduct assessments and collect data in the field on municipality as well as household level in order to measure the effectiveness of the intervention
• Liase with local authorities and lead local level coordination by working together with other agencies in the same areas of operation, ensure exchange of lessons learnt and good practices.
• Build rapport with targeted group; be able to represent MITRA Samaj professionally and politely while in remote field sites.
• Compile field level reports
• Bachelors degree, or secondary education in the relevant field with at least 2 years of similar work experience preferably in the area of sales and marketing and/or medical science
• Prior experience in social marketing, social mobilization and/or MHM is preferred
• Experience with data collection preferred
• Outstanding communication skills in order to coordinate with local partners´teams and liase with local authorities
• Highly motivated and committed, with empathy and stress resilience
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Sound knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
• RESIDING WITHIN THE PROJECT MUNICIPALITY IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Last date to apply: June 18, 2019
Note: Women with their permanent residence in the project municipalities will be given high priority.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please deliver your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by June 18, 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately. Selected candidates should be willing to join immediately.