Organization: Nepal National Dalit Social Welfare Organization
Position: Field Officer
Number of Vacancies: 2
Job Location: Baitadi and Dadeldhura districts
Summary of Position
NNDSWO (1982) is a network based organization having its district chapters in 74 districts in Nepal. NNDSWO envisions an equitable and prosperous society free from all forms of discrimination, exploitation and poverty where human rights, social justice and dignity of all are equally respected. Its Mission is to ‘eliminate caste-based discrimination and untouchability and empower people for dignified life’. Human rights, governance, education and livelihood are four core thematic programme areas of NNDSWO. Gender equality, conflict transformation, youth empowerment, and advocacy on inclusive DRR are major crosscutting themes. It has successfully managed projects on human rights, governance, education, adolescent empowerment, etc. in all regions of Nepal in partnership with various development partners.
NNDSWO has been implementing a project entitled “Assist Haliya Community to Achieve Full Rehabilitation from Slavery & Labour Exploitation” in five districts (Baitadi, Bajhang, Bajura, Dadeldhura and Kanchanpur) in partnership with ANTI-SLAVERY INTERNATIONAL (ASI) and. UK Department for International Development (DFID). The project aims to facilitate empowerment of freed-Haliya Community (HC) and break cycle of slavery & labour exploitation through: ensuring participation & representation of the HC, particularly women, in rehabilitation process; introducing innovative participatory tools to improve HC oversight and participation in rehabilitation process; improve HC children education outcomes through provision of tuition classes in order to re-enroll children and assist performance at school; and improving HC employment, livelihoods and income-security through provision of vocational and skill development training to older freed-Haliya children and young adults.
Currently, we are seeking competent, experienced, committed and dynamic candidates for the following position:
To ensure coordination and implementation district level activities as per plan and targets of the project;
• Ensure the district activities are implemented in suitable standard, cost effective manner and within budget as per set timeline;
• Develop monthly and quarterly action of the district and submit to Field Manager.
• Ensure all progress and financial reporting documents are subsequently produced on time and communicated to coordinating office of the project.
• Collect and communicate qualitative and quantitative data of the project are to MEAL Officer via Field Manager.
• Prepare district level progress reports and financial supporting documentation and submit to coordination office in set deadline;
• Collect information and document change stories;
• Develop and maintain strong coordination and good working relationship with stakeholders i.e. beneficiaries, donors, government representatives and other I/NGOs at local level;
• Represent NNDSWO in related meeting/conference/forums etc. on behalf of organization and project at district level;
• Work closely with the District Board and Members for strengthening district chapter in terms of organizational skill policies, structures, systems, procedures and good governance practices’
• Completed Bachelor’s Degree in social science or management disciplines (Master’s Degree Preferred)
• Minimum of three years of working experience in social mobilization, programme implementation.
• Knowledge of socio-economic and political context on Nepal, and understanding of Inclusion and women economic empowerment issues
• Result based monitoring, reporting and documentation skills
• English language proficiency and computer skills is must
• Able to work independently under pressure of deadline
• Communication skill in both Nepali and English
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING:
NNDSWO is fully committed to preventing any type of inappropriate behavior at workplace including sexual harassment, caste and gender based discrimination, exploitation and abuse, lack of professional integrity and financial misconduct and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. NNDSWO expects all office bearers, staff and volunteers to fully comply with our core values, principles and our code of conduct. We are committed to recruit only those who share and demonstrate our values.
Last date to apply: 30 January 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are requested to send their updated CV and a motivation letter mentioning minimum salary expectation by 30 January 2020.
Please send your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit hard copies of application at District Chapter of NNDSWO Dadeldhura.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further test. Telephone enquiry will not be entertained. Preference will be given to female, Dalit and person from marginalized communities.
NNDSWO reserves the right to accept or reject applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
Note : To apply please follow above instructions.