Website Nepal Forum for Restorative Justice (NFRJ)
Program Officer – Justice Programs
Nepal Forum for Restorative Justice (NFRJ) is a non-governmental non-profit organization working in the fields of restorative justice, dialogue, and peacebuilding in Nepal. Since its formal establishment in 2017, it has been involved in promoting principles and practices of restorative justice in formal and community systems in Nepal, and furthering regional and global movements in these fields. NFRJ’s works are founded on the value systems of respect, interconnectedness, inclusion, humility, accountability and co-empowerment.
NFRJ has been running various national and international programs related to restorative justice, dialogue, and peacebuilding. It also runs a Dialogue Center, its online portal (www.nepaldialogues.org), and rolls out services to victims and stakeholders affected by crime and conflict.
To support its legal reforms and restorative justice programs, NFRJ is looking for a Program Officer (full-time) for a fixed term of one year with possibility of extension. The Program Officer will be based in Kathmandu and will work closely with the Director and Program Unit of NFRJ.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology,, Law or related fields; a Master’s degree will be an advantage. Freshers are also encourgaged to apply.
- Play a lead role in rolling out programs related to legal reforms and restorative justice
- Support in producing relevant research briefs, reports and documents
- Assist in organizing events and communication activities for the organization
Competencies, experience and knowledge:
- Good understanding of issues related to justice sector reforms in Nepal
- Excellent communication skills in Nepali and English
- Open to learning and passionate about growth
- Willing to travel outside Kathmandu
Please send your updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com by February 15, 2024.