The Nepal Agricultural Market Development Programme (NANDP) Phase-2, also known as Sahaj, operates under bi-lateral agreements between the Governments of Nepal and Switzerland. Funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Sahaj is implemented by a consortium led by Swisscontact. Swisscontact invites applications from qualified candidates (Nepali citizens) for the following positions.
Position: Long term Consultant – Services and Innovations (2 Positions)
Place of work: Biratnagar, Nepal
Long term consultant – Services and Innovations This is an assignment for long-term consultants (for working as a long term consultant – services and innovation) for assisting the agriculture or non-agriculture team in NAMDP in the analysis of systemic constraints and opportunities in selected sectors, as well as in the design and implementation of interventions in selected sectors.
Duties and responsibilities
The consultant will be based in NAMDP office in Biratnagar, Province 1. Under the general direction and supervision of the Manager- Agriculture Services or Manager- Non Agriculture Services, the consultant will perform the following duties:
- Analysis of agriculture services and/or non-agriculture services functions and performance as well as constraints in identified sectors.
- Assisting line-manager with gathering relevant information to develop intervention strategies in line with the market systems development (MSD) approach.
- Ability to propose innovative ideas to solve systemic constrained identified in the sector strategy documents.
- Explore opportunities to work with relevant private sector companies and industry associations, government agencies, and other relevant stakeholders as per the strategies.
- Ensure quality of implementation and, if needed, recommending changes in intervention design or modality to improve the outcome of the interventions.
- Undertake day to day implementation in the field and supervision of intervention activities in accordance with defined strategies.
- Implement approaches and interventions that foster gender and social inclusion and green growth.
- Contribute to Federal State Building/Business Enabling Environment (FBS/BEE) initiatives as lead by the project.
- Contribute to all relevant MRM processes; using MRM as a tool to improve interventions and strategies and proving results. Prepare and/or contribute to relevant documentation for MRM.
- Prepare outputs from the services and innovation team in accordance with communication guidelines and needs.
- Provide input to the Yearly Plan of Operations (YPOs) and (semi-)annual progress reports.
- Maintain professional working relationships with partners (subcontractors and intervention partners).
- Comply with the Project Manual of NAMDP and other relevant requirements of Swisscontact and SDC
Required skills and qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience (market systems development (MSD), private sector development or in the private sector in agriculture)
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Management/Economics/Agriculture with specialisation in Agri Economics or Agri Business
- A fresh graduate with a Master’s degree in Management/Economics/Agri Economics/Agri Business can also apply.
- Good knowledge of the context in which agribusinesses or industries operate in Nepal.
- Good understanding of agriculture services and non-agriculture services for agri-businesses and the underlying constraints facing the service providers in Nepal
- Passion for learning and implementing innovative ideas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Nepali and good command of spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel frequently, often to remote places and sometimes within short notice
Interested candidates who meet the requirements for relevant position are requested to send their current CV (maximum four A4 pages) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 11:59 PM Nepal time on 17 April 2021. Along with the CV and the motivation letter, please send the duly filled in “job application form”, which is available on our website.
In the “subject” line of your email, please mention the position applied for.
Swisscontact Nepal will not entertain any phone enquiries or other such solicitations for these positions. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Swisscontact Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Swisscontact Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (women, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai and other minority communities).
To apply for this job please visit www.swisscontact.org.