The Nepal Agricultural Market Development Programme (NANDP) Phase-2, also known as Sahaj, operates under bi-lateral agreements between the Governments of Nepal and Switzerland. Funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Sahaj is implemented by a consortium led by Swisscontact. Swisscontact invites applications from qualified candidates (Nepali citizens) for the following positions.
Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Start of employment: 1 May 2021.
Place of work: Biratnagar, Province 1, Nepal
Reports to: Finance & Admin Manager also work closely with Manager- BEE/FSB (functional supervisor)
Under the supervision of the Finance & Admin Manager, the F&A Officer will support for day-to-day financial operations of the project field office at P1 in accordance with Swisscontact’s rules and regulations including donor’s requirements. Furthermore, this position will act as a focal person of finance, administration & HR at project field office (P1) and provide line management support to Office Assistant and Drivers at field office (P1).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or equivalent with specialization in Finance/ Account or Professional qualification of CA/ACCA/ CIMA. Master’s degree in a related field will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and background in Finance & grants management, GAAP/IFRS, internal control, Local law, taxation, audit, general administration including logistic, security, procurement & inventory management, human resources, operations and communications.
- At least 3 years work experience in Finance and Administration sector in the development sector (NGOs/INGOs), experience in SDC funded projects will be an added value.
- Proven skills to work with the MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.) and accounting software application skills.
- Able to define clear objectives and priorities,
- Good team player and able to work in diversified team, gender and social inclusion.
- Able to work under pressure, short deadlines and deal with criticism and conflict.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Finance Management at Field office (P1)
- Support Sr. Finance & Admin Manager in ensuring effective and efficient financial management. Implement control system for financial integrity at project office (p1) in line with Swisscontact’s policies and procedures
- Prepare vouchers and journal entries with adequate supporting documents.
- Make data entries to Accounting Software for monthly accounts and maintains the computerized accounting system Aba field.
- Prepare periodic financial reports and expenditure forecast as required.
- Prepare monthly, half-yearly and year end closing of accounts.
- Prepare and dispatch timely invoices as per contract with external parties.
- Process for the consultant’s payments.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements.
- Prepare fund requisition to project office Kathmandu and request for timely fund transfer.
- Assist in monitoring the expenditure processes in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Provide orientation to project implementing partners on SC’s financial rules and monitor their account keeping.
- Issuing of advances and timely settlement of advance of staff and consultants.
- Ensure deduction at Source & Advance Payment of Income TAX & VAT from all kind payments and safe keeping of all Tax and VAT related documents.
- Proceed for ETDS and coordinate with project office finance unit for vat refund.
- Support for preparing monthly reports as per requirements of Project.
- Support to prepare for external audits and works with external auditors.
- Maintain integrity and confidentiality of all financial transactions. General Administration & HR at field office (P1):
- Support Sr. Finance and Admin Manager to carry out the day-to-day activities of the administration. Support to conduct regular monthly staff meeting and other periodic meeting, prepare meeting minutes.
- Arrange official invitation letters for incoming guests and visitors as well as for staff members going for international visits.
- Provide logistic arrangement for all events of the projects including national flight reservations, hotel and vehicle arrangement for staffs, consultants, volunteers and interns.
- Manage fleet management of NAMDP (assigning vehicle, repair and safeguard, vehicle performance report and ensure timely renewal of vehicles).
- Verify the store ledger update and other office supply’s stock are inadequate level.
- Provide IT support and phone services to all employees of NAMDP and ensure proper maintenance of IT equipment.
- Support to conduct proper recruitment process, responsible for logistic for recruitment, conduct initial induction to newly joined employee.
- Orient and ensure that staffs are well aware about policies & procedure of Swisscontact.
- Provide periodic operational reports to project office Kathmandu.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or equivalent with specialization in finance/ accounting or professional qualification of CA/ACCA/ CIMA (Master’s degree in a related field will be an advantage).
- Knowledge and background in finance and grant management, GAAP/IFRS, internal control, local laws, taxation, audit, general administration including logistic, security, procurement and inventory management, human resources, operations, and communications.
- At least 3 years work experience in finance and administration sector in the development sector (NGOs/INGOs) (experience in SDC funded projects will be an added value).
- Proven skill of MS office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc) and accounting software.
- Good team player and ability to work in diverse team.
- Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and Nepali languages.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements for relevant position are requested to send their current CV (maximum four A4 pages) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 11:59 PM Nepal time on 17 April 2021. Along with the CV and the motivation letter, please send the duly filled in “job application form”, which is available on our website (same address as above).
In the “subject” line of your email, please mention the position applied for
Swisscontact Nepal will not entertain any phone enquiries or other such solicitations for these positions. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Swisscontact Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Swisscontact Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (women, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai and other minority communities)
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 27 March, 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.swisscontact.org.