Swisscontact is a leading partner organisation for the implementation of international development projects. In Nepal, Swisscontact is registered as an INGO that started its operations in 1991. Currently, Swisscontact Nepal (SCN) has five development programmes across different provinces of the country.
SCN provides technical support to the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT)/National Skill Testing Board (NSTB) to implement Nepal Vocational Qualifications System Project (NVQS-P). The Government of Switzerland/Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) provides financial and technical assistance to develop National Vocational Qualifications System (NVQS) and to establish a corresponding NVQ Authority in Nepal through NVQS-P.
For the second Phase of NVQS-P, we invite applications from committed and experienced Nepali citizens for the following position.
Number of Vacancies: 3
Location: One Monitoring Officer each in NVQS Project Support Unit (PSU) Offices at Province 2, Gandaki and Lumbini Province with frequent field-visits
Reports to: Technical Coordinator
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Purpose of the Job
The Monitoring Officer is responsible to support the implementation and monitoring of the project activities in provincial, and local levels ensuring adherence to the log frame targets. Key roles of the Monitoring Officer are to carry out the day to day monitoring of the project activities assuring the quality as outlined in the Yearly Plan of Operation (YPO) of the project.
The Monitoring Officer works closely with the Deputy Team Leaders, Technical Coordinators and ensures proper execution of the implementation strategies. The Monitoring Officer reports to the Technical Coordinator.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Compliance to the policies, rules/regulations, and guidelines
- Adhere to relevant policies, procedures, rules, regulations and guidelines of Swisscontact Nepal (Financial and Operation Manuals, Code of Conduct Against Corruption, Conflict of Interest, Basic Operating Guideline (BoG), Local Security Management Plan, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Guideline and other specific policies guidelines and manuals applicable for the NVQS-II).
2. Technical Assistance on Program Implementation (30%)
- Contribute to the effective implementation of project activities as per the agreed Yearly Plan of Operation (YPO) at province level and lead the monitoring of all the project activities in a close collaboration with other team members of Project Coordination Unit (PCU) at the assigned province.
- Support the mobilization of assessors, assessment centres, National Competency Standard (NCS) developers, assessment package developers or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) officers in each province.
- Exhibit strong competencies in facilitating the exchange of ideas and information between different NVQS stakeholders at Province Level.
- Support to prepare key meetings, workshops, and related activities and to prepare materials as needed to expand the outreach and advocacy for wider acceptance of NVQS at Province level.
- Facilitate inputs of actors and stakeholders of NVQS and the team members for various provincial level events and prepare event reports.
3. Planning, Monitoring, Reporting and Knowledge Management (60%)
- Lead regular monitoring and follow-up of the project activities assuring the qualities through close collaboration with PCU and/or joint monitoring team at assigned province.
- Support Technical Coordinators in terms of program planning, implementation, development of standard frameworks.
- Ensure monitoring activities are aligned with the project log frame and process guideline formulated by the project.
- Prepare field visit reports including feedback from the field experience to the project management and its stakeholders.
- Support to document the processes, lessons learned, best practices, case studies and other relevant information regularly and feed into the project’s reporting and knowledge management system.
- Contribute to the project management to commission studies where appropriate, and support to maintain a quality of all studies, surveys and assessments carried out in the assigned province.
- Contribute to review the strategies and ensure the project monitoring and results are well documented and reported.
4. Coordination, Collaboration and Networking (10%)
- Support Technical Coordinator to coordinate with provincial government, province Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT), local government, and private sector stakeholders to implement the Yearly Plan of Operation (YPO).
- Support to form groups/networks in municipality level for discussion and orientation in Technical Education and Vocational Training as needed.
- Support the coordination and implementation of project activities and strategies at Local and Province level.
- Support Technical Coordinator to liaise with relevant stakeholders and to establish a partnership based on the need of the strategies at Local and Province level.
- Contribute to establish a good network among the stakeholders to increase the ownership and to advocate for the Vocational Qualifications System (VQS) establishment at province level.
5. Other Specific Responsibilities
- Professionally discharge other tasks assigned by the project management.
- Be proactive in bringing innovation and taking new initiative in the project in coordination with project management.
- Proactively seek and contribute to inter-project collaboration with other inhouse projects of Swisscontact Nepal whereas possible
Qualification and Experience
The individual must conform to the following qualifications and expertise:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in relevant field (Education/Management/Business Studies/Development Studies).
- Minimum of three years of work experience (including at least two years of experience in project monitoring particularly in TVET programs/projects) in relevant field (i.e. development cooperation and/or TVET sector programs).
- Ability and willingness to work in a team to deliver high quality outputs within deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office work and Internet use.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently for field visits.
- High level of motivation and good communication, social, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in a politically sensitive environment.
- Knowledge on development and gender and social inclusion issues.
- Competency on training and facilitating various programmes.
- Respect and sensitivity towards cultural, gender, ethnicity, and religious diversity.
- Focuses on impact and results and responds positively to feedback.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Demonstrates ability for Self-development and initiative-taking.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork.
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Client oriented, internally, and externally.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali languages are a must.
Working Conditions and Environment
- This will be applicable in accordance with the Swisscontact Staff Manual.
Please submit your current CV with at least two referees, Job Application Form and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 20 November 2021.
Please mention the position applied for in the “subject” line of your email.
Swisscontact Nepal shall not entertain any phone enquiries or other such solicitations for these positions. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Swisscontact Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Swisscontact Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (Women, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai and other minority communities).