Website Save the Children
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – (220002T2)
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invests over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
M&E Officer is responsible for undertaking the responsibilities of Monitoring & evaluation function in the province for all the 3 projects (HIV, TB and Malaria) including interventions on COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM). He/she will support to improve and ensure the data quality and its overall management of government and Sub recipients (SRs) R on HIV, TB and Malaria programs in the province through standard recording & reporting system. The major responsibility of this positions is enhancing M&E system, identifying program gaps, providing technical guidance and support, promote operational research, lead on evident based advocacy & process documentation, coordinate with SDPs at the province and district level.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Planning and implementation
- Ensure that the M&E related activities under COVID-19 response mechanism (C19RM), red book and SRs especially on development, implementation, reporting and progress tracking, documentation and recording & reporting are managed timely, accurately and completely
- Support during program planning by providing updated national data, provincial and district data and performance framework
- Ensure SOP and procedure are well informed to concern team and frontliner staff.
- Support the program team to review and revise M&E tools, forms/formats, work plan
- Assist to review meetings in province and district particularly provincial health directorate and health offices
Program monitoring and report generation/preparation
- Carry out performance assessment and analyse data on TB, HIV and Malaria program through standard IHMIS system and provide regular feedback to respective district health office/SDPs.
- Support and track the program progress of activities related to C19RM and regular TB, HIV and Malaria program in the province and SDPs
- Ensure that the system for data validity is functional at all levels of data generation and data source.
- Document lessons learned and best practices of the Project and prepare case studies wherever needed.
- Carry out joint monitoring visit to the sites based on program progress aligning to Detail implementation plan and M&E plan
- Support the program team to prepare program progress trend of TB, HIV and Malaria program
- Support program team by providing relevant data/information to document success stories, case studies and evidence-based advocacy.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual data analysis in standard format and communicate to GF program team in the provinces
Support to SRs and SDPs
- Plan and provide onsite coaching to the sites based on gap assessment and reporting trend and progress
- Assist the SRs to prepare project specific M&E plan and strengthen the M&E systems
- Support the SRs so that they are significantly contributed to make the R&R system like ONHIS, NTPMIS, iHMIS functional
- Ensure that the SRs and SDPs are making full use of online platform like NTPMIS for TB program, ONHIS for HIV program, MDIS for Malaria, iHMIS for timely recording and reporting
- Support and guide the SRs to extract and prepare monthly progress analysis and prepare improvement plan.
Coordination and Linkages
- Coordinate with district Focal Person, local level Health Coordinators and statistical officers to conduct routine data verification, ensure timely reporting and supportive monitoring of SDPs.
- Closely work with province and CO thematic team (technical, program, Finance, logistic) for interrelated task and review of program performance.
- Work closely with the provincial MEAL/M&E/Program team to ensure that the requested data/ information is provide timely.
- Assist to different survey/assessment/studies related to TB, HIV and Malaria Program and other health program in province, district and palika.
Occasional Significant Duties
- Undertake other assignments as requested by Line Manager, CO, PHD when/as required.
- Take responsibility for self-development, engage own self on development and learning opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any field with preference to public health
- At least 3 years’ of working experience on program management with priority on M&E
Required No.(s): 1 (Nepali Citizens only)
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Based in Hetauda, Bagmati Province
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Apr 19, 2022