Website Ipas Nepal
Monitoring and Evaluation (KM & Documentation) Specialist
Locations: Nepal, Kathmandu
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: R855
Monitoring and Evaluation (KM & Documentation) Specialist provides overall technical support for monitoring and evaluation across the full range of consortium and implementing partners of the GBV PR II project. S/he provides guidance and technical assistance to the consortium and implementing partners. This position is responsible for building capacity on the M&E system for in-country staff and consortium partners. This position also supports in-country data collection processes, data collection tools, data management, data analysis, technical writing for dissemination both internally and externally, and analyzes data for donor reporting and other internal data requests. S/he is responsible for ensuring the quality of data including the data quality audit. The position reports to the Team Lead – GBV PR II.
Measuring Program progress, results, and performance
- Understand Ipas overall M&E and research system and follow the minimum standards for the project.
- Work closely with the project team and partner to update the project log frame and monitoring and evaluation plan to track the program’s effectiveness.
- Regularly review, update, and report the project M&E plan and log frame, compile, and submit to the team lead and program leads of partners on a quarterly basis.
- Develop project monitoring tools and checklists and ensure their utilization by the project team, analyze the findings, and suggest the project team for its implementation.
- Contribute to the implementation of recommendations related to M&E that come from donor and other internal review and mid-term review processes.
- Orient the partner’s program and M&E staff and other stakeholders on recording/data collection and reporting.
- Provide technical guidance to consortium partner’s program officer and consultants on project-related tasks or special assignments and help them on capacity building.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits and joint visits with the program team or evaluation team in program districts.
- Coordinates with R&E team members about support tasks and interacts with R&E unit regarding Monitoring and Evaluation data issues.
- Conduct the data quality audit of the project including partners and update on a quarterly basis.
- Strengthen the information management system at all levels, within the project, and to the government at all levels.
- Lead the evaluation of the project activities as per requirement of donor and government (SWC)
Research, data management and analysis
- Lead in designing research protocol, and tools for the programs as and when needed.
- Review the research and other tools relevant to the project and feedback.
- Lead the analysis of data, both qualitative and quantitative using statistical packages (Spatial data- GIS, Quantitative – STATA, SPSS or SAS or R, Qualitative (NVivo, ATLAS.ti or others) and draw programmatic implications.
- Record and track project progress and communicate with program managers and team
- Reports to GBV PR II team lead in reference to internal processes, overall program implementation, and R&E-related issues.
- Work with implementing partners to develop action plans that address the report recommendations.
- Support the project team to prepare the donor reports and other documentation as needed.
Knowledge management and documentation
- Contribute to efforts in program learning and documentation – prepare dissemination materials including, presentations, fact sheets, peer-reviewed publications, and present results both at external meetings and within Ipas.
- Provide support to collect and analyse multiple data and produce knowledge products based on the information.
- Respond to requests from GBV PR II program staff for specific data or evidence to formulate strategies or programs.
Understand and comply with the organization’s policies and ethics
- Understand and comply with the Human Resources, Procurement, Travel, Finance Policy, and other policies of the organization.
- Commitment and adherence to the Ipas code of business ethics and conduct and safeguarding policy.
- Ensure Ipas representatives (including consultants, interns, volunteers, independent contractors, suppliers/vendors, board members, and sub-awardees) and government officials directly working with Ipas and its partners understand and practice the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse policy while in partnership and implement the program with Ipas.
- Contribute to a safe working environment where every team member is treated equally and respectfully.
- Live up to the Ipas core values-driven, principled, bold, interdependent.
- Ensure all work activities comply with the organization’s rules and regulations
- Ensure proper documentation of memos, decisions, reports, and any official documents for record keeping hardcopy/OneDrive/Luna as appropriate.
- Engage in a learning culture and participate in and enroll in learning courses at Ipas University.
- Willing to be back up for staff and vacant positions and perform other related duties as required.
Qualification and experience requirements:
- Master’s degree in public health, population studies, statistics, or health informatics with at least 5 years’ experience and at least 2 years in a senior role or similar position OR bachelor’s degree with 7 years of experience and at least 2 years in a senior role or similar positions.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative methods and development of data collection instruments.
- Knowledge of best practice research, monitoring, and evaluation processes and protocols.
- Able to independently conduct studies and analyze relevant data.
- Knowledge of high-level computer software packages for data analyses as well as data interpretation and presentations.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software required.
- Experience with statistical analysis computer packages (STATA, SPSS, or SAS).
- Experience with geographic mapping software and qualitative analysis software (NVivo, ATLAS.ti, or others).
- Knowledge of logical and result framework, data management, and program analytics.
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment.
- Has strong written and spoken communication skills in English and Nepali language.
- Flexible to adapt to challenging work environments.
- Willing to travel on field visits 30% to the project areas.
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, caste, ethnicity, regional identity, tribal identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy. Ipas acknowledges that these personal characteristics may differ in different contexts.
To apply for this job please visit ipas.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.