Organization: Nepal CRS Company (CRS)
Nepal CRS Company (CRS) is a not-for-profit organization engaged in social marketing of family planning, maternal child health and other health products in Nepal. Its mission is to improve the national health status by changing behavior and increasing access to health products and services.
Position: Manager – Business Development (Products)
The incumbent is responsible for generating new business ideas and opportunities for Nepal CRS Company (company).
The product development manager is responsible to determine how the company can meet business targets while providing new products that will serve the health needs of the target population by performing market research to assess the potential demand, develop marketing plans, coordinate efforts with marketing staff to ensure the product will fit with existing marketing strategies and ensure products meet expectations.
Department: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Time Bound Contract
Required No. 1
Location: Head Office – Kathmandu
Reports To: Director – Sales & Marketing
Level / Grade: 5
Reported By: None
• Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
• Develop the Business Development strategy for new product/services in the company in line with company objectives
• Lead the new product development process for new products from concept generation to execution, ensuring timing, quantity, quality and KPI targets are achieved.
• Develop pricing strategies for competitive positioning to increase sales and promotions of existing and new products.
• Analyze profit margins and compare competitors’ product lines in relation to the company’s current offerings
• Introduce and market new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales and advertising,
• Work closely with the marketing team to formulate the marketing mix and market segmentation for new products and services.
Market Research and Customer needs
• Conduct market research to determine the customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
• Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
• Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
• Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
• Introduce new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with Sales and marketing.
• Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
• Review Government of Nepal’s health strategies, cost implementation plans and other research publication to identify the emerging health needs, identified gaps and priorities to explore the opportunities for new products and service
• Review the donor funding priorities and the corresponding need for the products and service by the company.
• Work with the marketing team, develop and manage an up-to-date understanding of the macroeconomic environment over the agreed plan period, using the information to consider the implications for existing and new sectors
• Undertake key research to understand the Business and project drivers of sectors, customers and potential opportunities
• Define and target the right demographic while conceptualizing the launch of new product/services
• Analyze the market trend
• Maintain a good relationship with the GoN, external development partners and other implementing partners to understand the requirements of new products and services.
• Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
• Planning and implementing promotional campaigns in coordination with the marketing manager.
• Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
• Correspondence with company for smooth business operations
• Submit quarterly/annual reports on the initiative taken during the course of generating new business opportunities
• Submit monthly updates to the supervisor
• Submit quarterly/annual reports on launching of new products/services
• Prepare report of the market research and other analytical reports to better understand the current positioning of the company’s products and service
• Perform other tasks as assigned by Director – Sales and Marketing
Primary Interface – Internal
• Director, Sales & Marketing: Obtain necessary approvals & clearances and assistance & inputs whenever required
• Marketing Manager: Coordinate for new business development opportunities
• Regional Managers: Understanding of the markets and how new products/services shall be shaping in a particular area
• Communication Officer: To make the proposal/presentation to both internal and the external agency
Primary Interface – External
• External Agency/ Organization: Approach them for new product and services
• Government: Liaise with the Government to launch new product/services where necessary
Qualification and Experience
• Minimum Qualification: MBA in Marketing or equivalent qualification in Sales and Marketing
• Preferred/ Additional Qualification: Prior knowledge of pharmaceutical / health products in Nepal
• Minimum Experience: 5 years of managerial experience in new product development and services in the organization.
• Preferred/ Additional Experience: Proven track record of successful implantation of new product and services in the organization
Last date to apply: 15th September, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Please go through detailed TOR for the position before applying. The TOR can be downloaded HERE Application should possess cover letter and CV indicating academic and professional qualifications with 2 references by 15th September, 2020.
Nepal CRS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified and eligible women candidate or those from disadvantaged background are highly encouraged to apply. Nepal CRS will contact only shortlisted candidates. Enquiry through telephone or email at any stage of the process will not be entertained and shall lead to automatic disqualification.