Company: MetLife Nepal
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), through its subsidiaries and affiliates (“MetLife”), is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.
About MetLife Nepal
MetLife has been operating in Nepal since 2001 as a branch of American Life Insurance Company, incorporated in the USA, subsidiary of MetLife, Inc. In Nepal, MetLife provides consumers and businesses with life insurance, accident & health insurance and employee benefits (group insurance). For more information, visit www.metlife.com.np or call +977 1 5555166
Position: Manager/Assistant Manager (Actuary Role), Finance
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Kathmandu
• Qualified Actuary / pursuing Actuarial Science with bachelor’s or above degree in related disciplines.
• Up to 10 years’ experience preferable/ candidate with less experience can be considered
• Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
• Human relations skills and good communication skills are essential.
• Proficiency in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, Excel VBA is preferred.
• Must be capable of handling assignments independently and quick learner.
Job Title (MetLife Nepal): Manager/Assistant Manager (Actuary Role), Finance
Reporting Relationships: Direction Received: Chief Finance Officer – MetLife Nepal
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Active involvement in the areas of Product pricing, product development, UAT test, Valuations and modeling.
• Preparation of various internal reports along with actuarial statutory report / Mortality / Expenses Studies.
• Knowledge of Insurance Laws, regulations.
• Timely production of VNB report with high accuracy.
• Populate CFT projection model for liquidity test.
• Work closely with Appointed Actuary/ CFO/Financial controller and other stakeholders for various ad-hoc task.
• Active delegation and execution of work while maintaining strong focus on quality, timeliness, and effective communications
• Aspiration and preferably track record of success in pursuing actuarial study to become an Actuary.
• Learn and provide desired output using actuarial software like Polysystem/Prophet.
• Good communication skill (both written and spoken) in English & Nepali.
• Excellent computer knowledge
• Maintain productive working relationships with internal and external team members.
• Provide extensive support to the finance department as a whole in process improvement, Reinsurance and other relevant areas.
Last date to apply: 28 September 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV with your recent photograph to Rajiv.Pathak@metlife.com.np