Website Mahuli Community Development Center (MCDC)
Mahuli Community Development Center (MCDC) is a non-governmental organization working in Saptari district since 1994. It works for various social developmental activities coordinating with developing partners and government organization. Currently, MCDC is implementing the Welthungerhilfe (WHH) supported project titled “Up-scaling WASH systems strengthening approach in the Terai region of Nepal” (NPL-1082-22). Here, we invite applications from interested and qualified Nepali citizens for the following positions. Positions are located in Saptari district and will be based on Project site.
WASH Officer – 1 position.
The position holder is responsible for the implementation of project activities for the assign Municipalities. S/he will lead the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities related to drinking water supply, total sanitation, WASH in institutions, nutrition, enterprise development and WASH governance in the assign Municipalities of Saptari district and ensure the overall achievement of project outcomes. Under the direct supervision of Project Coordinator, S/he will be responsible for effective and efficient implementation of project activities, supervision and coaching of project staffs and coordinating with municipal authorities, stakeholders, and Welthungerhilfe field team.
Qualification and Experiences:
- At least bachelor’s degree in public health, Nursing, Water and Sanitation, Environment sciences, development studies or equivalent degree from the recognized university.
- At least 3 years of similar experience in relevant field (Working with LGs, line agencies, NGOs/CBOs and with local communities) especially in Terai region of Nepal.
- Age must be between 21 to 45 years old.
- Having basic knowledge and experience on MS-office.
- Working experience in water supply, sanitation and hygiene particularly focusing on safely managed drinking water, Post-ODF (Total sanitation), Fecal Sludge Management and Solid Waste management.
- Knowledge and skills on Rights- based approaches, GESI, and special needs of women in this context would be an added advantage.
- Fluent in oral and written English and Nepali language and knowledge of Terai local languages (Tharu, Maithali) would be an added advantage.
- Training and capacity building of public officials, users’ groups and communities with skills of community mobilization.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards, integrity and appropriate professional image.
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Ability to prepare budget planning, report writing skills in English reflecting the problem/learnings with possible solutions and Proficient in computer skills and applications.
- Willingness to stay and travel extensively in the project locations and ability to work under high pressure.
- Having valid two-wheeler driving license and able to ride a two-wheeler in rural environment.
Detail Job Description (JD) can be obtained from: https://www.jobsnepal.com/wash-officer-municipal-coordinator-wash-field-mentors-128045
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria of mention’s position requirements, request to send their updated CV with cover letter (at least two references with expected salary) and mentioning the applied position in the Subject and Email to: email@example.com or Submit the hard copy of required documents at MCDC Project office; Rajbiraj, Saptari by 19 March 2023, 04:00 PM Nepali time. Female and local residence candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further selection process. Right to reject and select the application shall remain to the organization.
Mahuli Community Development Centre (MCDC)
Project Office-Rajbiraj, Himalay Tole, Saptari
Contact number: 031-530208