Website Mahuli Community Development Center (MCDC)
Mahuli Community Development Center (MCDC) is a non-governmental organization working in Saptari district since 1994. It works for various social developmental activities coordinating with developing partners and government organization. Currently, MCDC is implementing the Welthungerhilfe (WHH) supported project titled “Strengthening municipal-wide WASH governance for social change in Saptari District (NPL 1060)” of Province No. 2. Here, we invite applications from interested and qualified Nepali citizens for the following position: Position will be based on Project site, Rajbiraj Saptari.
Detailed of Job Description / Requirements:
Finance and Admin Officer – 1 position
The position holder is responsible for overall management of financial activities and administrative procedure of the Project (NPL 1060). Under the direct supervision of Project Coordinator, closed coordination with the Project Manager, he/she is responsible for effective and efficient management of project field office, responsible to observe the activities and coaching of project staffs in terms of financial policies and procedure.
The Finance and Admin Officer bears lead responsibility and accountability of effective operation of project office, orient and mobilization of project staff, timely planning and execution of financial transaction to maintaining financial discipline, organizational development and institutionalization of synergy amongst core and non-core programs assuring periodic reporting and documentation. He/she will manage his/her 80% time for the table work, financial planning, documentation, review of financial progress whereas 20% time for the field visit, verification and onsite coaching and mentoring of field staff in terms of financial discipline with the coordination of PC and Officers. He/she is fully responsible to update all the documents related to the organization according to filling system, logistics management and administrative responsibilities as accordingly.
Qualification and Experiences:
- At least 4 years of similar work experience with I/NGOs and government especially in Terai region of Nepal.
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, Business or Business Administration
- Prepare, generate and compile Monthly/Yearly Financial report
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of Non-governmental organizational financial process
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Programs, Particularly Excel.
- Familiarity with computerized, double-entry accounting software (FAMAS).
- Strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent command of spoken and written of English, Nepali and Knowledge of Terai local languages (Tharu, Maithili) will be an added advantage.
- Valid two-wheeler driving license is mandatory, able to ride a motorcycle in rural environment.
Detailed Job Description (JD) can be obtained from
Any interested Nepali citizen meeting the criteria of above mention’s position requirements, request to send motivational letter, updated CV including two references and position applied for and expected salary via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th January 2022, 04:00 pm Nepali time. Female and local residence candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further selection process. Right to reject and select the application shall remain to the organization.