APEIRON is a women led Nepali NGO working for a gender equal society through four main areas of interventions; Gender Based Violence Prevention and Response, Awareness and Education, Income Generation and Institutional Collaboration. It started out as an international NGO with the headquarters in Italy on 2004 and evolved into a national NGO in 2013. APEIRON fights against prejudice, violence, and inequalities so that women develop skills necessary to support themselves and their families. APEIRON helps women confront uphill battles: gender based violence, restricted access to and control over resources, low literacy, struggles to obtain citizenship documents, and other social and economic challenges. APEIRON invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates, who are reliable, accountable, have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity and who value diversity, for the following job positions:
Position: Legal advisor
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Scope of Work:
Consultant should perform the consultancy service as outlined below:
• Handling litigation, non-litigation cases and arbitration matters
• Advice on civil, labor, social welfare laws etc.
• Appear as in house counsel when required
• Liaise with various government and non government authorities and police
• Drafting and vetting all legal agreements, contracts etc.
• Prepare the basic documents such as applications, replies for the court cases and as required by the organization
• Provide legal counseling to the beneficiaries of the organization when requested and document them.
Education and experience
• Should have Masters Degree in Law or Equivalent degree from a recognized university with Minimum 5 years working experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized university with Minimum 8 years working experience.
• Understanding and knowledge of basic computer applications such as MS Words, Excel and data base management; and
• Experience working within the Development agencies preferably in INGO/NGO system;
Last date to apply: 17th June 2020
Interested qualified consultants/firms are invited to submit an application that includes the following:
• Eligible candidates should submit: – Motivation letter , Detailed CV of team members , Financial proposal, educational certificates, PAN details
• Detailed reference list indicating the scope and magnitude of similar assignments
• Relevant services undertaken in the past three (3) years
• Firm Registration Certificate, tax clearance of F.Y. 2075-76 other relevant statutory documents. (in case of firms)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Nepali applicants with suitable skills are requested to submit proposal through email: email@example.com by 17th June 2020 by 5 pm Nepal time.
Only shortlisted consultants/firm will be contacted for further process. APEIRON reserves the right to reject any or all applications. Telephonic enquiries will not be entertained.
APEIRON is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities and members from disadvantaged /underrepresented ethnic groups. APEIRON believes on knowledge, skill, attitude, aptitude, commitment and dedication, and promotion of diversity within the organization.