Organization: Plan International
Position: ICT Coordinator
Number of Vacancies: 1
Functional Area : Operations
Reports to: ICT Manager
Location : Country Office
Travel required : Yes
Effective Date : 1 July 2020
Grade : C2
Type : Fixed Term Employment for 2 years based in Country Office
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 24 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
The position holder will support in providing effective ICT services at CO and FOs. S/he will manage and administer secured ICT infrastructure and corporate systems in CO and FOs and manage ICT4D projects as a tool for rural development in the community.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
Budget held: NA
Number of direct reports: NA
Key stakeholder groups:
• All departments of CO and FOs
• Country ICT Manager
• Country sponsorship department
• IH/RO – ICT/Sponsorship/Helpdesk
• Partners (NGOs/ CBOs/ GOs) during ICT4D
• Suppliers/vendors regarding ICT supplies
• Consultant/professional (National/International)
Support in effective IT implementation
• Oversee /support, maintenance, management, implementation and development of information systems, printing services, anti-virus, backup and recovery, security server, file servers and databases.
• Provide relevant customized reports from corporate application for project/program planning, monitoring and evaluation as necessary.
• Support programme staff when required
• Support partner organizations (GO, NGO & CBO) as required to achieve shared goals
• Provide reliable services of the ICT infrastructure, applications and connectivity in CO and FOs for smooth operation of corporate applications as recommended.
• Maintain optimum management of centralized resource (e.g. File server, Security server and Application server) or on individual workstations.
• Implement ICT Access Control policy within the CO
• Provide input when revising IT strategy, yearly IT Workplan, Disaster Recovery Plan to ICT manager
• Support in preparing ICT budget for CO and FOs
• Support ICT Manager to meet IT Operational Management Standards
Manage regular maintenance, security and disaster recovery plan for ICT equipment in CO and FOs
• Undertake regular maintenance, upgrade, secure and support to avoid hardware and software failure
• Conduct regular data backup in CO and check the integrity of data restoring them in certain frequency.
• Ensure secure access to the network for remote users and blocking unauthorized external users.
• Ensure virus protection in the safety from file corruption with regular update of antivirus patch
• Ensure regular security and operating system patches are applied to all device.
• Ensure offsite storage of backup media, non-electronic records, and system documentation outside of the office premises.
• Ensure physical and logical safety/security of ICT equipment and resources.
• Ensure regular power supply (UPS) to provide short-term backup power to all servers and generators and adequate air conditioning and temperature in the server room
• Ensure valid fire/smoke detectors and portable fire extinguishers are placed in suitable locations
Provide support to ICT4D projects and programs
• Provide technical guidance to ICT4D projects/ programs at CO level
• Plan and implement program utilizing ICT as a tool for rural community development.
• Support partner organizations (GO, NGO & CBO) as required to achieve shared goals
Support ICT capacity building
• Assess and identify ICT training need of CO and FOs staff.
• Provide training to staff based on PMS.
• Organize and conduct in-house training/refresher on corporate and business application in CO and FOs.
• Increase user ICT proficiency through transfer of skills to Plan staff and communities
• Ensure proper installation of hardware, software, network and other system infrastructure
• Ensure proper allocation of the newly purchased ICT related items ensuring suitable installation environment.
• Ensure proper and timely installation of corporate and business software application
• Design and establish ICT network infrastructure and secure connectivity (Internet, intranet connectivity/bandwidth, VPN, firewall, router etc) to ensure reliable ICT operation.
• Effectively manage EPABX system, online based communication systems (Skype for Business, Blackboard Collaborate and Teams etc.)
• Keep track of new IT technology development and maintain ICT information library.
Undertake Corporate Responsibility
• Respect organizational values and comply with all Plan International Nepal and Corporate Code of Conduct, Policies and Standards, ICT Policy
• Maintain confidentiality of all critical and sensitive information of the organization
• Undertake any assigned responsibility when delegate
• Ensure ICT facilities meet the standards and use of licensed software
• Ensure compliance of system security and organisational compliance, processes and procedures with ICT policies and standard and are maintained properly
Dealing with Complexity & Problems:
• Deal with a number of external stakeholders, auditors, partners.
• Orient technical matter to non-technical users.
• Managing rapid technological change and advancement(Hardware & Software)
• Backup and security of critical & user data
• Protection of IT resources from power fluctuation, virus threats, hacker and cyber crime
• Poor connectivity
Ensure Plan International’s CPP and GEI policies
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• Master’s Degree with 1-2 experience of experience or Bachelors’ Degree in relevant education with 2-3 years of experience in the related sector
• Proven experience in coordination, liaison and networking managing teams and other critical management domains.
• INGO work experience preferred
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
• Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
• Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
• Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
• Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
• Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
• Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
• Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
• Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
• Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
• Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
• Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
• Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
• Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
• We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
• We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
• We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
• The position is based in Country Office Kathmandu with travel in field as required.
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
• Low contact:No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Say Yes ! To Keeping Children and Young people safe and Protected.
Last date to apply: 6 June 2020