Organization: CARE Nepal
CARE Nepal is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. CARE has been operational in Nepal since 1978 and works in partnerships with government and non-government stakeholders across the spectrum of humanitarian action and long-term development programs.
CARE Nepal hereby invites applications from interested candidates for the following position.
Position: Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) / Technical Advisor – Sexual and Reproductive Health/Family Planning
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Based in Kathmandu
Education Level : Master
Experience Required : More than or equals to 10 years
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP)/Technical Advisor is accountable for strategic leadership and technical oversight of a Sexual Reproductive Health and Family Planning project. S/he is responsible to oversee technical quality, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project. S/he will ensure quality of project intervention design and approaches for women and youth centered family planning and reproductive health and ensure appropriate and timely allocation of human resources and technical assistance for effective implementation of program intervention.S/he will guide and supervise project team to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives, and resolve challenges in implementation of cross-sectoral activities reflective of the program’s logical framework, monitoring and evaluation, and relevant work plans. S/he will coordinate and manage relationships with technical leads of key stakeholders, other implementing partners, and Government of Nepal (GoN) partners, and ensure meaningful engagement with relevant government line agencies, civil society, private sector and other stakeholders. The incumbent will also support strong learning element, testing innovations, documenting successes and failures and scaling up successful approaches applying a mix of proven strategies and innovative ideas to achieve the program goal, and disseminate the results of and learning from program activities to contribute to national policy discourse.
• Master’s degree in Social science, Public health management, International Development and/or or relevant field.
• Minimum of seven years of experience in managing and implementing complex public health , reproductive health programs of large scope and size in a development context, with at least five of those years in Nepal. Experience on family planning projects preferred.
• Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a technical team for health and family planning project design.
• Demonstrated experience at mid- or senior level in any one or more of the following areas: Family Planning, Adolescent reproductive health, health system governance, social behavior change communication, Social marketing, quality improvement/quality assurance; M&E and operations research.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
• Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, as well as written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
• Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
• Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
• Ability to travel within Nepal as required.
Last date to apply: 07 June 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.carenepal.org and complete the application process. The last date for submitting the application is 17:00hrs, 07 June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
“CARE Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply”
CARE places human dignity at the centre of its relief and development work. At the heart of CARE’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized communities, and vulnerable adults and children. Vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE commits to the protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA) of vulnerable adults, involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CARE takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE initiates rigorous investigation of complaints that indicate a possible violation of this policy and takes appropriate disciplinary action, as warranted.