Website ITAD Limited
Gender and Youth Agriculture Evaluator —USAID Nepal Learning for Development Activity
Who we are
At Itad, we work to make international development as effective as possible to improve more lives. We have done so since 1984. This means giving organisations the information and insight they need to make development work smarter and produce better results. It is complex, meticulous monitoring and evaluation work involving many different stakeholders across many different scenarios – exactly the kind of challenge on which we thrive. We work with governments, non-profits, universities, foundations and the private sector to support organisational learning and programme adaptation across a wide variety of international development contexts. To learn more about Itad, please visit our website: www.itad.com
Location: Kathmandu and some travel outside of Kathmandu to other provinces
Description of Consultancy
USAID Learning for Development Activity is a five-year contract with USAID/Nepal to provide monitoring, evaluation, learning, knowledge management, and strategic communications services to the Mission. The Learning for Development Activity is implemented by Bixal and Itad.
Itad is seeking Gender and Youth Agriculture Evaluator that specializes in gender, youth, and social inclusion in the agricultural sector for a baseline evaluation of a new USAID-funded agriculture program. This role will be part of an evaluation team and will run from January 2024 (estimated) and last for approximately 7 months. The expected Level of Effort is 40 days (estimated). Please note this may change based on the finalized scope of work prepared by USAID and needs of the evaluation. The baseline will be a mixed methods evaluation consisting most likely of a survey with farmers, a private sector survey, and qualitative data collection with an array of key stakeholders.
The anticipated baseline evaluation will provide a baseline for a new USAID-funded agriculture program in Nepal. The purpose of the new program is to increase the availability, accessibility, and use of agricultural inputs and technology to improve Nepal’s agricultural productivity. This will contribute to improved resilience, competitiveness, and inclusion in the agriculture sector. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated subject matter expert who will serve as part of the evaluation team.
Duties and responsibilities
The Gender and Youth Agriculture Evaluator will be a core member of the evaluation team, contributing to the baseline design related to gender and youth, conducting fieldwork, and bringing a gender and social inclusion lens to analysis. While the Gender and Youth Agriculture Evaluator will have specific responsibilities related to ensuring the inclusion of GESI in design, fieldwork, analysis, reporting, and recommendations, they will also contribute to other components of the baseline as a team member.
Throughout all activities for the baseline the consultant will provide technical expertise related to gender and social inclusion and youth, ensuring that they are addressed and integrated properly technically speaking, and the approach, tools, and analysis are contextualized.
This is a short term consultancy for local experts in Nepal.
- Lead the components of the baseline related to GESI, ensuring the effective collection, analysis, and reporting of data related to gender, youth, and social inclusion.
- Liaise with Learning for Development Activity team, government agencies, local partners, and community representatives to ensure their involvement and support in the baseline evaluation process.
- Conduct field visits to project sites to monitor data collection activities, ensure quality control, and address any challenges or issues that arise.
- Conduct, observe, and take notes during data collection as part of the team
- Analyze and interpret baseline data, identifying trends, patterns, and key findings to inform program design and strategy.
- Contribute writing and analysis to a comprehensive baseline evaluation report and deliverables, including clear and actionable recommendations for program implementation.
- Collaborate with the Learning for Development Activity teams to integrate baseline findings into program planning, monitoring, and evaluation processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant sector including agriculture, gender, international development, social science, or another relevant field, Advanced degree preferred but not required
- 7+ years’ experience working on in GESI and youth issues related to the agriculture sector, with relevant experience in measurement and evaluation
- Past experience working on evaluations or studies/assessments
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to effectively manage teams, coordinate activities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and collaborate with diverse stakeholders
- Experience undertaking research with marginalized populations in Nepal
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required
- Nepalese national
If you are interested in this consultancy, please email your CV that includes your daily rate in USD to Alexandra.email@example.com with the subject line ‘Application for Agriculture Gender and Youth Agriculture Evaluator’ by January 26, 2024. We are looking for candidates that can start the consultancy immediately.
Itad is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.