LOCATION: USAID Agricultural Inputs Activity cluster office
REPORTS TO: Irrigation Specialist at Regional Office
USAID Agricultural Inputs is a new five-year USAID-funded activity in Nepal. The aim of USAID Agricultural Inputs is to increase the availability, accessibility, and use of agricultural inputs and technology to improve Nepal’s agricultural productivity. The activity is implemented by Winrock International in collaboration with five organizations: Center for Environmental and Agricultural Policy, Research, Extension and Development (CEAPRED), MarketShare Associates (MSA), Pathway Technology, Fertilizer Association Nepal (FAN), and Vikara Institute.
USAID Agricultural Inputs will enable lead firms, agrovets, input suppliers, local machinery service providers, and Government of Nepal (GON) change agents and farmers to increase productivity, input supply chain efficiency, market system competitiveness, and strengthen the enabling environment in a way that equitably addresses the needs of women, youth, and members of marginalized groups. USAID Agricultural Inputs will benefit 200,000 farmers in the USAID Feed the Future (FTF) zone of influence.
Based at the cluster office of USAID Agricultural Inputs Activity, the Irrigation Technician will work closely with cluster team, and Area Coordinators to achieve the results under the Activity’s Objective III: Climate adaptive and sustainable irrigation management system improved.
- Conduct feasibility survey of different irrigation schemes, MUS tanks and other irrigation related structures as per community demand.
- Prepare detailed design and estimates of approved irrigation schemes,
- Supervise and carry out quality control during installment of irrigation and other infrastructure and submit reports to the respective Irrigation Specialist of the Activity.
- Preparing of bills during the installation of irrigation schemes and submitting to cluster office through Area Coordinator.
- Support the Irrigation Specialist to evaluate and analyze the benefit from irrigation schemes and its impact in the community after the installation.
- Undertake frequent monitoring of the irrigation schemes and give advice about the efficient use of water and proper maintenance of irrigation schemes.
- Coordinate with Municipalities in leveraging resources from line agencies at district and local levels for setting up the irrigation schemes.
1. Support entering of irrigation related data into Activity M&E database and in conducting M&E surveys.
2. Carryout the proper collection, processing and documentation of irrigation-related data needed for monitoring and Activity planning and ensure targets set are achieved.
3. Ensure a safe and equitable workplace, create opportunities and offer for women and those from disadvantaged communities.
4. Support relevant activities included in the forthcoming direct support by USAID to the Government of Nepal.
5. Undertake other related tasks assigned by the supervisor and Activity management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQURIEMENTS:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering from CTEVT or equivalent.
- At least 2 years field experience in conducting feasibility studies, designing, monitoring and reporting different types of community-managed irrigation systems, including MUS.
- Experience implementing climate-adaptive sustainable irrigation management approaches,
- Experience conducting irrigation-related training facilitation.
- Experience working with the private sector, municipalities, other relevant government agencies and rural communities.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and relevant irrigation scheme design software.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data against Activity targets.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work under cross cultural environment.
- Fluent Nepali and good English.
The eligible and interested candidates are requested to submit their application ‘Online’ in CEAPRED’S website www.ceapred.org.np (career page). Application submitted online only will be considered for further processes. Please refer the website for detailed JD/TOR of the position. The last date for posting the application is 5:00 PM on 22nd August, 2023. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever
We seek to cultivate an environment where all candidates relish equal employment opportunities devoid of discrimination, misconduct, fraud, and abuse. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) and Localization guides our practices not just in hiring, but also in staff retention, growth, and policy implementation. This commitment signifies that we value diversity in all its forms including age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, and cultural background. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, recognizing the rich tapestry of the communities in which we live and work.
Disclaimer: This position is contingent upon donor’s approval.