Website TPO Nepal
Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO) Nepal is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organizations. It was established in 2005 to promote the psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict-affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
ALIVE is a research project aiming to develop and test the feasibility, acceptability, and appropriateness of intervention for preventing depression and anxiety among adolescents (ages 13-15 years) living in poverty-affected urban settings in Nepal. The project is being implemented by TPO Nepal under the support of the Wellcome Trust via King’s College London. The intervention under the pilot RCT will be delivered by trained facilitators in groups on a weekly basis for 24 weeks and the intervention sessions will be supervised and monitored by trained supervisors.
TPO Nepal seeks competent, committed, and result-oriented candidates for the following positions: Intervention Trainers (Psychosocial :
Intervention Supervisors/Trainers (Psychosocial)
Job Station: Kathmandu
Job duration: 10 months
Number of openings: a few
Start date: At the earliest
The Intervention Supervisors/Trainers (Psychosocial) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Participate in the Training of Trainers (ToT) to train the intervention facilitators for implementing the psychosocial intervention among the research participants (adolescents and caregivers)
- Participate in practice rounds to deliver the training to the facilitators and ensure self-competency
- Take a lead role in training the intervention facilitators for the implementation of the intervention among the research participants as per the ToT and intervention manuals
- Ensure the quality and fidelity of the intervention sessions delivered by the intervention facilitators
- Facilitate/Support for coordination and implementation of the group interventions among research participants
- Provide regular supervision to the trained facilitators during practice sessions and actual intervention implementation
- Preparing periodic training and supervision reports and regular updates about the same to the project team
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology/Post Graduate in psychology with psychosocial training skills; experienced in conducting psychosocial training
- Prior experience working with adolescents
- Experienced in conducting in-person training
- Experienced in conducting training supervision of community-based psychosocial workers
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English (Note: ToT would be in English)
- Age between 25-40 years
- Having a driving license for a motorbike or scooter and a valid Nepali passport will be an added asset
Interested, qualified, and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with the cover letter, updated resume (CV), and expected salary to: email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. of 22nd November, 2023. The selection process will be on a rolling basis.
Only short-listed candidates will be informed about the further selection process. Any activity intended to influence the selection process will lead to disqualification. All the selected candidates will undergo rigorous background checks.
TPO Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. TPO Nepal does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.