International Consultant: External Affairs and Communications Advisor
Job Opening ID: 16061
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Full/Part time: Part Time
Vacancy Type: Individual Consultancy
Rotational/Non Rotational: Non-rotational
Duration: 11 months
Education & Work Experience: Master’s Degree with at least 15 years of experience.
Purpose of consultancy:
The purpose of this consultancy is to support the Nepal country office deliver high quality external relations and communications. In the past 18 months the country office has developed a range of pipeline projects and identified new opportunities with a number of key development partners including the European Union, Norway, Switzerland, the Republic of Korea. This consultancy is aimed to ensure the country office and programming external relations and communications responds to the increasing needs of the country office to reach out to a broad range of stakeholders including high level actors in government, development partners and UNFPA stakeholders and beneficiaries with high quality reporting, project design and context driven strategic communications.
Scope of work:
- Under the overall supervision of the Country Representative, direct supervision of the Deputy Representative and in close collaboration with relevant thematic teams, the consultant will support the delivery of high-quality and timely external affairs and strategic communications. The scope of work includes:
- Leading on the drafting of high-quality strategic and corporate documents, project documents, business cases, concept notes and programme briefs related to the entire scope of UNFPA support in Nepal for internal purposes and donors.
- Supporting the drafting of high quality annual and regular results reports including country office and programming level reporting on outputs and outcome indicators,logical frameworks, risk frameworks and narrative reporting in areas across the UNFPA mandate.
- Producing a range of external communication products highlighting priority issues for the UNFPA country office ensuring clear and consistent messaging (political and programme briefs, talking points, speeches, press releases, op eds, stories from beneficiaries etc.)
Required expertise, qualifications, and competencies, including language requirements: Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum master’s degree, in communications, journalism or related field is required while a PhD could be an asset.
- A thorough understanding of the UN system in general, and especially UNFPA mandate, policies, and operations.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in international development including extensive experience in UN agencies.
- Direct experience in drafting annual results reports for country office and programming levels.
- A strong track record of drafting successful project documents, business cases and concept notes for UN agencies, and a thorough understanding of corporate and donor requirements for results-based reporting.
- Experience in developing communications for various target audiences.
- Experience in drafting analysis, speeches, op eds, briefings, and information notes for high level representatives.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience on requirements and trends of bilateral and multilateral development partners.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in working with governments at national and sub-national levels on complex issues.
- Minimum 7 years of experience of working in the South Asia region.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.
How to apply
Full job description of the position can be accessed via link UNFPA External Career Site and only online applications using this link will be accepted.
Notice: There is no application, processing, or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all, including people from minority groups, persons with disabilities and LGBTQIA+ communities.
UNFPA has a zero-tolerance against Sexual exploitation and Abuse (SEA) and sexual harassment (SH). Everyone is responsible for preventing sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), and all UN personnel must adhere to the standards of conduct that preserves PSEA principles (both during work hours and outside work hours). All selected candidates will, therefore, go through a safe hiring process.
The UN is committed to ensuring inclusive and accessible participation for all, including in written tests/interviews. Please let us know, should you need reasonable accommodation for the interview/written test and we will make sure to arrange accordingly.
*Reasonable accommodation means necessary and appropriate modifications and adjustments not imposing a disproportionate or undue burden, where needed in a particular case, to ensure to persons with disabilities the enjoyment or exercise on an equal basis with others of all human rights and fundamental freedoms (Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Article 2).
Deadline: 19 February 2024 by 5:30 PM NPT
To apply for this job please visit estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.