Website International Alert
Position: Programme Development and Learning Manager
For over 30 years, International Alert has been working to build positive peace. Our vision is that people and their societies can resolve conflicts without violence, working together to build sustainable and inclusive peace.
International Alert, Nepal invites application from the highly qualified and competent individual for the position of Programme Development and Learning Manager. The purpose of this position is to provide leadership within the Nepal programme to design high-quality strategies, innovative programmes and projects and secure funding. This includes supporting renewal and growth from our existing programmes and helping to initiate and design new business. The post holder will also monitor and improve quality of programme delivery through supporting better design, monitoring and evaluation (DM&E) and contribute to more effective communication of Alert’s results and impact.
This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation that endeavours to bring peace around the world.
Note, the above include some of the requirements for the job. For the full job requirements, please read the job description.
Salary: We will be happy to disclose the salary and applicable benefits to applicants as part of this process.
Contract duration: 1 year (renewable)
Closing date: 23 April 2021 (23:59pm UK time).
- At Alert, we have introduced Talent Management to our business model as we believe talented people are crucial to the success of our work. We believe all individuals are talented and success comes in matching the right talents to the right roles. For this role, the skills, qualifications and experience listed below are important, but we believe that to be great in this job you are likely, first and foremost, to have a talent for working with others to develop, frame, communicate and fundraise for programmes that combine conceptual and practical innovation, and have a clear and measurable impact on peace.
- A strong technical understanding of conflict transformation and peacebuilding, and experience working in the sector.
- Understanding of the conflict dynamics in Nepal
- Experience managing complex projects in the peacebuilding or development sectors, including project start up, implementation management and project closure.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in peacebuilding, conflict studies, gender, development studies, international relations or related field.
- Substantial experience securing new funding for peacebuilding or development programmes, including developing project concepts and donor relationships; writing proposals and budgets, and negotiating contracts.
- Experience of working with a range of donors (institutional, multilateral, trusts and foundations), understanding of diverse donor requirements, and experience of idenfity funding opportunities and tracking donor trends.
- Good understanding of project design, including developing theories of change, clear and realistic objectives and effective monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Senior level experience in managing individual and team performance.
- Strong financial management experience, including budgeting and overseeing spend.
- Experience facilitating workshops and ideas development, including remotely and with people with diverse first languages.
- Fluent written and spoken English; excellent analytic and report writing skills and pursuasive oral communicate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage with a wide spectrum of actors, including community members, civil society and donors.
International Alert is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be judged strictly based on merit. Alert reserves the right to bring the closing date forward so early applications are encouraged.
To apply for this job please visit www.international-alert.org.