Organization: United Mission to Nepal
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards fullness of life. As we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in ten districts of the country, building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
Position: Training Manager – Health (based in Nawalparasi)
Health is one of the key technical areas of UMN’s development programmes which focuses on lasting positive change in the health of the poorest people living within poverty in Nepal. The main purpose of this position is to plan, design, coordinate, and deliver health training programmes, provide technical assistance to local partner organisations and contribute to the implementation of UMN’s Cluster strategic plans.
Qualification and experience:
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Nursing with certificate level in health sciences (General Medicine/Nursing) with minimum of three years of working experience in health;
- or Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Nursing with certificate level in health sciences (General Medicine/Nursing) with minimum of five years of working experience in health;
- Work experience especially in developing training curriculum, manuals and implementing training on family planning, safe motherhood, infection prevention and reproductive health disorders;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of national health programmes and health system in federal structure in Nepal;
- Proven experience of working in health system and ability to coach local health workers in areas of reproductive health;
- Experience in designing behaviour change communication sessions targeted to women and adolescent girls on reproductive health;
- Good computer skills and communication skills in Nepali and English language, both written and verbal;
- Proactive and self-motivated;
- Flexible in terms of working hours, workload and travel;
- Able to thrive in a situation of change and uncertainty.
Last date to apply: 8 August 2019
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN standards.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy.
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com latest by 4:00 pm on Thursday 08 August 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage the applications from women and marginalised groups.
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 25 July 2019