Organization: Winrock International
Position: Program Officer/Associate
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur
Summary of Position
DUTY STATION: Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur, Nepal with frequent field travel
REPORTS TO: Director, Winrock International
The program officer/associate will lead projects and responsible for implementing the project activities with the support from team members. He/she will act in the role of direct project executing, implementing, planning, monitoring and reporting professional. The Program Officer/associate will work closely with other team member and Finance & Admin (F & A) staff to implement projects. He/she will implement multiple programs/projects and will ensure program quality and smooth operation of day-to-day project activities, program function. This position will also assist to Renewable Energy Program Support Office (REPSO) Director in new concept development and work with REPSO Director for new business opportunities as and when required.
THE CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Responsible for overall management, monitoring and implementation of projects’ activities as per the project document.
• Oversee the development, designing, coordinating and implementing of projects
• Prepare equipment specifications, drawings and detailed work schedules of projects if required
• Regular visit to the project sites to monitor progress and coordinate field activities
• Prepare progress report i.e. monthly, quarterly, annually as per the project documents and submit to donors or partners
• Prepare, update and guarantee accurate documentation of the project, data of related project activities.
• Carry out energy surveys, feasibility studies, and cost estimations as per the requirement of projects.
• Lead, develop and carry out training programs, workshops, meetings as per the project document and participate if relevant workshops
• Ensure a continuous cooperation from all the stakeholders including local communities, enabling them to operate and maintain their systems and to solve community energy problems by utilizing their own resources.
• Provide quality inputs throughout the project cycle in wide range of renewable energy and environment sector projects
• Ensure effective, efficient and sustainability of projects
• Recruit, coordinate and monitor consultants as required by the projects
• Coordinate, monitor, supervise the execution of project activities by the partners organization
• Develop and implement Post-construction Services (PCSs) for various RETs.
• Maintain good working relation with prime, partner and donors
• Coordinate with other related projects/programs in Nepal that has direct and indirect implications with Winrock’s projects
• Take collaborative initiative with stakeholders to maintain conducive working environment to implement the project’s activities
• Supervise other team members
• Ensure smooth coordination and communication between involved project stakeholders and with line government organization
• Willingness to work in any other assigned Winrock Nepal’s tasks according to the specific need, demand and as assigned by REPSO Director.
• Assist REPSO Director in the development of organization strategy for new business opportunities
• Assist F&A and REPSO Director to project budget
QUALIFICATION AND BACKGROUND:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of a master’s degree in energy, economics, environment, social studies or an interdisciplinary program with minimum of five years’ work experience in implementing and managing RE projects or bachelor’s degree in energy, economics, environment, social studies with minimum of seven years’ work experience in implementing and managing RE projects;
• Program Associate: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in energy, economics, environment, social studies or an interdisciplinary program with at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Extensive knowledge of climate change and renewable energy including policy and local stakeholder including through knowledge of the sector
• Demonstrated strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Ability to build and maintain relationship particularly interacting productively, proactively and comfortably with community leaders, government agencies, NGOs and private sector.
• Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office applications including word, excel, powerpoint and outlook
• Ability to lead, organize and prioritize work
• Willingness to work as part of a team and a diverse group of people is essential
• Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects
Last date to apply: December 18, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter, updated CV and list of three references by December 18, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Phone calls will not be entertained.
Note : To apply please follow above instructions.