Organization: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation working in 51 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. We take active measures in recruitment and employment practices to ensure children are protected.
Plan International Nepal invites application from interested and eligible candidates for the following positions:
Position: Program Coordinator (Child Protection and Girls Agency)-1 Position
Purpose: The position holder will be responsible to implement Child protection projects under the supervision of Area Manager (AM) and Head of Child Protection and Head of Girls Agency and Youth Empowerment. S/he will work closely with Area Office Team, and also the Project Team while planning and implementing the project activity in the fields. S/he will ensure that the implementation of Project activities is realized according to the country strategy and the child protection & Girls Act project objectives. S/he supports the AM in ensuring effective and timely implementation of all Project activities, with special attention to providing overall inter-agency coordination and facilitation at various levels.
Term and Location: Fixed term employment for 3 year based in Sindhuli Field Office.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
• Master’s Degree in Social Science or any relevant field
• At least 4 years of demonstrated experience in the field of child/young people/ project management
• Proven experience of managing team, budgets, and other management domains
• Work experience on local level partnership/coordination
• Experience of working with coalitions and networks
• INGO work experience preferred
• Comprehensive understanding of the socio/political economic and cultural issues of Nepal.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of National Education program, project and policies
• Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, women, and families
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development
• Contribute in the process of drafting and finalizing program proposals working with program team at Field Office along with partner staff and Business Development team at Country Office
• Ensure the Girl Protect and Girl Act projects are right based, 100% gender transformative and inclusive
• Contribute to develop strategies that strengthen community and national level child protection mechanism and carry out awareness activities to tackle root causes of gender discrimination
• Contribute to develop strategies that ensures adolescent girls and Young women’s access to non-stereo type marketable skills and decent self/employment with accesses to natural resources and sustainable financial services
• Support to develop framework to improve gender sensitive child protection system especially CP services at community level protecting children from gender based violence and discriminatory social norms and practices
• Introduce frameworks for reform, followed by developing innovative and non-traditional approaches of how innovative programs in non-traditional technical and vocational education and training (TVET) can help adolescent and young women access, participation, and demonstrate competence in non-traditional fields
• Support to develop the sexual reproductive health rights (SRHR) framework to provide overall guidance for adolescent girls and ensure prioritization of SRHR of adolescent girls in local level planning and budget allocation for the same.
• Ensure project cycle is followed for each project including kick off meetings, drafting of project outlines, implementation of activities, mid and end term evaluation
• Review all Field Office projects under Girls Protect and Girls Act periodically and ensure project objectives are achieved effectively.
• Review Partners proposal/ provide feedback and do correction before forwarding it to Head of Program at Country Office
• Develop project order (PO) and finalization of detail implementation plan (DIP)
• Identify risks and challenges in the project implementation, management and provide solution to achieve project goal / results.
• Identify the training needs/gap of the partner staff and provide/recommend training plans to develop their technical expertise. Monitor their progress through an annual capacity assessment
• Conduct regular reviews of budgets and work plans to ensure compliance with donor specific requirements and address any changes to the original plan in time
• Ensure effective project monitoring by taking necessary corrective actions that are being followed up and reviewed periodically
• Undertake frequent field monitoring visits and report performance against established schedules and targets
• Work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Coordinator at Field Office and also with Girls Agency and Child Protection Program MER Specialist at Country Office to ensure that implementation of activities is done in line with M&E requirements
• Consolidate and report all Girl Protection and Girl Act project quarterly to the Head of Child Protection and Girls Agency and Child Protection Program MER Specialist at Country Office and Area Manager
• Work closely with Field Office team and partners to achieve program quality as per Program Quality Policy, building better partnership-global guideline, global approach to program and influence.
• Assess the partner’s capacity in terms of technical skills for project delivery, design a training plan to enhance their capacity and monitor it regularly in coordination with Area Manager and Head of Child Protection and Head of Girls Agency and Youth Empowerment.
• Strengthen the capacity of Children and communities we work with are involved in the development of complaints and response mechanisms (where and how they can raise concerns against Plan staff, associates and/or visitors) that are clear, safe and user friendly for them and publicized
• Strengthen the capacity of implementing partner organizations on revised BLOP manual and champion of change manual and ensure that the Champions of Change(CoC) for Girls’ Rights program aiming to advance gender equality through youth engagement and empowering girls and engage boys to identify and challenge of harmful traditional practices that perpetuate discrimination and inequality
• Ensure the periodic review of template on mapping hostel and school supported by Plan International Nepal. Implement and strengthen the partners, School management committee, hostel management committee to achieve the action plan to improve the safeguarding situation of children in school and hostel
• Work together with local authorities to identify key area of work to minimize the harmful social practices that effects Child rights/child protection and work for youth empowerment
• Contribute to develop priority district/local level campaigns ensuring harmonisation with global/national priority campaigns in collaboration with Head of Program and Head of Influencing
• Lead evidence based lobby and advocacy within the sectoral program in planning and delivering campaigning and advocacy work and ensure that programme plans include influencing objectives
• Represent Plan in relevant committees, professional networks and mechanism to maintain organisation’s professional image
Last date to apply: 28 March 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 14 March 2019