Organization: ActionAid International
ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972. We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice. Today we are working with over 15 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 45 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
Position: Finance Advisor
Directorate/cluster: Federation Development
Position: Finance Advisor
Asia Grade: D
Duration: 1st September 2019 to 30th September 2020
Terms and Conditions of base location will apply
ActionAid International is a leading anti-poverty development agency working in over 40 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are searching for a qualified Finance Advisor to reinforce the overall financial management and provide strategic financial advice and decisions taking into perspective the Global Secretariat and Federation operations. Reporting to the Head of Country Support, sh/e will provide specialist expertise and regional thought leadership in relation to Finance matters.
We welcome you to be part of this exciting journey.
• Provide strategic guidance and support on the development of country finance policy and procedure manuals, systems and processes and country annual planning & budgeting
• Support the development of financial capacity of country finance teams, country leadership/management teams and Boards in the Asia countries through training and technical- management advice on finance matters
• Monitor compliance with International policies, procedures and accounting standards and ensure alignment to global standards
• Provide guidance on audit and financial sustainability processes and certify the effectiveness of restricted funding by providing technical advice, guidance and training for effective implementation of cost recovery practices and grants/contract management
• Monitor financial performance and financial management processes of countries including review of reporting against KPIs, provide advice to country teams on financial reporting on all income streams and expenditures, ensure quarterly finance reporting and analysis and assessment of risk practices
• Review on audit recommendations and implementation and quarterly review country finance. In addition, support country management and boards in addressing gaps identified
• Provide specialist expertise and regional thought leadership on focused topics by promoting collaborating working through finance functional network and community of interest to disseminate knowledge and best practices, promote peer support, and discussions on new developments in the finance and development sector
Education/Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as Finance, Accounting
• Professional Accounting or Financial Management qualification
• Experience in supporting finance across a region and globally
• Knowledge of financial management system in INGOS and specific standards in accountability and reporting
• Ability to work in a multicultural context/environment, engage in social justice activism/advocacy and demonstrate innovative practices.
• Solid experience of change management, particularly in relation to Finance transformation and supporting a continuous improvement framework.
Last date to apply: 26th July 2019.
For more details please click here.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to be considered for this position, you must be eligible and be able to work in the base country.
If you are interested and meet the criteria, send your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th July 2019. You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role.