Organization: Winrock International
Position: Cluster Business Manager (CBM)
Number of Vacancies: 1
REPORTS TO: Regional Director
The Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN) II Project is a USAID funded five-year second phase of the USAID Feed the Future (FTF) initiative in Nepal. The aim of KISAN II is to increase resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth in the FTF zone of influence. The US$ 32.70 million project is implemented by Winrock International in collaboration with five other Nepali and US based organizations: Center for Environmental and Agricultural Policy, Research, Extension and Development (CEAPRED), Development Project Service Center (DEPROSC), Digital Green, Siddhartha Inc, and Overseas Strategic Consulting (OSC).
KISAN II aims to work with private sector firms, input suppliers, Millers, and private sector change agents etc.; whoever are playing a catalyst role in agriculture productivity, competitive market systems, a stronger enabling environment to agriculture sector business growth and literacy skills. KISAN II works in twenty-five Hill and Terai districts in the province number 3, 5, 6 and 7 of the country over a five-year period.
The Cluster Business Manager will be responsible for implementing KISAN II’s market-led approach at the district and province level. This will include developing and nurturing partnerships with private sector actors in the agriculture sector and identifying opportunities and barriers for farmers to access higher value markets. The Cluster Business Manager will also be responsible for managing day-to day-to-day operations of the Cluster office, ensuring that results are achieved on time and on budget across all KISAN Outputs.
• Manage technical and operational staff, including Area coordinators and technical managers and specialists;
• Manage operations in Cluster office, including oversight of day to day finances, logistics, and administration.
• Identify potential opportunities offered by end markets and the private sector buyers in end market(s);
• Design and implement interventions that leverage the interconnections between farmers and the improved inputs and services they need to be able to improve quality and produce competitive products for end markets;
• Develop a network of lead firms and SMEs and an implementation plan for engaging them;
• Oversee activities related to enhancing financial services markets and market infrastructure in selected market systems;
• Analyze and enable relationships among actors that translate into shared benefits to incentivize new investment in market systems;
• Coordinate with the Partnerships and Innovation Fund Manager to provide technical oversight for grants in KISAN II working areas;
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQURIEMENTS:
• Masters or equivalent university degree in Economics, Business, Agribusiness, Development, or related field.
Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• At least 7 years of experience working in agricultural/agribusiness development or with Private Sector Agribusiness
• Proven ability to foster and maintain partnerships, particularly with private sector actors
• Demonstrated experience in business strengthening and value chains (especially for rice, maize, lentil, and high-value commodities)
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written with fluency in both English and Nepali required
Other: Should be a Nepali citizen
Disclaimer: This position is contingent upon USAID approval.
Last date to apply: 24th May 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can post their cover letter and CV to Jobs.KISAN@winrock.org within 24th May 2020. Applicants should reference Cluster Business Manager- Kailali in the subject line. Applications received after the stipulated date will not be entertained.