Website Save the Children
Information Management Officer
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invests over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
The objective of the position is to manage the database processes to enhance the Sponsorship recording, monitoring and reporting system to a high-quality standard with accuracy and timeliness. S/he will also be responsible to analyse the sponsorship data and information.
S/he will lead the electronic data collection and management for new enrolment drives and Annual Family Update (AFU), train Sponsorship staff in partner organizations in electronic data management system.
Sponsorship Information Management:
- Manage the database processes including the input of data.
- Refresh various database tools to bring effectiveness in sponsorship
- Coordinate with SC US headquarter ASISt team to maintain the data integration between country office and Home office.
- Ensure secured sponsorship database backup of ASISt and other sponsorship related database,
- Manage the data exchange procedures and ensure subsequent processes within the given timeline.
Child Data Update:
- Set system for electronic data collection in enrolment drives and Annual Family updates (AFU)
- Train partner staff of data collection and reporting ensuring the quality check at partners level.
- Lead the data management team to complete the Annual Family update campaign on time.
- Plan and supervise contractual staff during the data update campaigns.
- Ensure partners are well trained on photography to meet the Sponsorship photo standards.
- All the data collected are updated in the CO system within the timeline.
- Conduct and manage the quality review of all child information and photos for children prior to submission to SCUS office.
- Use system for compliance check of Annual Family Update (AFU) data
- Ensure information input in ASISt is as per the compliance.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyse data on child information and correspondence to produce reports so as to monitor and report on the functions of the entire sponsorship management system
- Prepare data for monthly management reports.
- Analyse the Annual family data and share within the country office for analytical purpose.
- Respond to queries from members on child data related information.
- Carry out the tasks delegated by Sponsorship Operations Manager.
- Support the team in managing sponsor-child correspondence during the peak time
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (preferred Information Technology)
- At least 3 years of experience in information management systems.
Required No.(s): 1
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Based in Country Office, Kathmandu
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Dec 9, 2021
Source: Kantipur Daily, December 2, 2021