Website UN Women
ICT and Administrative Support
Location: Kathmandu, NEPAL
Application Deadline: 21-Nov-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: SB-3
Languages Required: English
Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 15-Dec-2021
Duration of Initial Contract: 1 year
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
In Nepal, UN Women focuses on strengthening women’s voice, agency, and leadership across sectors to advance women’s rights, provide space for women’s meaningful participation, and contribute to tangible differences in their lives. The UN Women Nepal’s Strategic Note (SN) for the period 2018-2022 lays out the agency’s unique role and comparative advantage in supporting national stakeholders in advancing gender equality and the empowerment of women in line with internationally agreed normative standards. The SN is aligned with and contributes to Nepal’s national priorities and commitments as described in the Nepal Constitution 2015 and the Fifteenth Periodic Plan, the needs of women’s organizations, and the UNDAF 2018-2022 with a commitment of leaving no one behind. UN Women will advance its efforts in Nepal in accordance with its unique role and triple mandate (normative, operational and coordination) and lessons learned to “achieve gender equality and social inclusion and empower women and girls in Nepal to realize their human rights” (Nepal Country Office SN Goal Statement).
Under the overall guidance of the Chief, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the ICT and Administrative support provides ICT and administrative support services to the CO, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT and Administrative Support promotes a client-oriented approach. The ICT Administrative support works in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations teams for resolving complex ICT-related issues and provides support on administrative issues including assets management
Duties and Responsibilities
IT Support (60%)
Provide support to the implementation of ICT strategies and new technologies in accordance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures
Provide inputs to the development and implementation of the ICT annual work plan;
Provide IT support in the use of Atlas (UN Women’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services and to transition to New ERP system
Provide technical support in the functioning of the CO hardware and software
Provide oversight to routine repairs and change hardware electronic components;
Provide technical support to the installation and maintenance of all communication systems including mobile and satellite phones;
Provide technical support to the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programmes;
Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware;
Monitor file server traffic, usage, and performance on a regular basis.
Ensure efficient networks administration
Monitor the network connection on a daily basis to ensure stable and responsive network environment;
Configure network printers and provide user access as required;
Trouble-shoot and monitor network problems; respond to user needs and questions regarding network access;
Maintain backup logs; organize off-site storage of backups;
Maintain measures for business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities;
Provide technical support to Local Area Network (LAN) management in accordance with UN Women requirements.
Provide web management services
Maintain the CO web site and intranet.
Provide administrative support regarding ICT issues
Maintain inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in collaboration with the Procurement focal point;
Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources; prepare statistical charts, tables, and reports as required;
Provide ICT support to key events.
Provide technical support and advice to CO and Country Office personnel
Diagnose, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from staff in CO and country offices experiencing problems with hardware, application software, operating systems, networking and other computer related issues;
Set up new email accounts of CO personnel ;
Liaise with ICT staff in HQ for support and guidance;
Meet all ICT on-boarding requirements for new staff.
Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO
Contribute to the organization of trainings for the CO staff on ICT issues;
Maintain library of reference materials;
Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in ICT
Liaising and maintain network with IT colleagues of other UN agencies
Administrative Support (40%)
Serve as Asset Focal Point for NCO
- Inspection and verification of all incoming assets (equipment, furniture and inventory), and scheduling deliveries to users after successful recording in the Asset management sub-module in Atlas ensuring inventory records are up to date and accurate.
- Tag all furniture/equipment upon receipt from the supplier. Update of nonexpendable property inventory record and track movement of furniture and other equipment.
- Support to the annual physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of property and remain responsive for timely submission asset certification letter to HQ.
- Support month end process on assets updates
- Preparation of inventory and asset reports for the management and audit purpose as required.
- Submit asset disposal, transfer and other requests for approval to the HQ Asset Management Specialist
- Support to management on physical asset disposal and other asset transactions
Support to Programme team
- Provide support programme team to enter data and generate analytical reports from RMS
Any other task assigned by Supervisor
Key Performance Indicators:
- Well maintained and serviced hardware and software
- Quality support and advice to clients
- Timely web maintenance
- Perform duties in a transparent and cost effective manner
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and virus protection systems;
- Good PC hardware troubleshooting skills;
- Good knowledge of video conferencing and telecommunication;
- Good knowledge of database packages;
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is an asset
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact the eRecruit Helpdesk.