HZR International Logistics
international logistics, global supply chain, shipping & freight
A Hong Kong international logistics company with liaison office based in Kathmandu is seeking an International Logistics Specialist.
The candidate should have a strong understanding and experience working in different types of supply chain management procedures, including selecting carriers, researching shipping methods, assessing budgets, and organizing storage.
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily operations and logistics employees. They are responsible for incoming and outgoing shipment process for the entire shipping cycle, ensuring end-to-end delivery of goods. They should be able to prepare shipment documents and other related filing, oversee the storage and distribution of goods. Maintaining a cordial relationship with vendors, retailers, and customers is also very essential in this role.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant field, prior working experience in DHL, TNT or other similar international logistic companies is a plus;
Education: Bachelor Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain, Bachelor of Science in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
Goal Attainment: Demonstrated strong attention to detail, unbeatable work responsibility and be accountable to follow through and oversee daily operations and logistics employees.
Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication. Chinese/Cantonese speaking is a plus
Strategy & implementation
- Planning and monitoring inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Develop standard operating procedures and scheduling/shipping practices for efficiently carrying out logistics activities.
- Develop and monitor international routing instructions for suppliers.
- Develop and implement supply chain strategy for international business expansions.
- Organize warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
Cost control & operation
- Budgets and expenditures controls;
- Negotiate Sea cargo, Air freight, and Land transport quotes with carriers;
- Inform cost changes, shipment issues, supply concerns to respective personnel and team in timely manner.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction, material flow improvement, and business development.
- Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Work with vendors to identify and eliminate logistics obstacles to ensure safe and timely shipping of products.
- Attend to any emergency issues or complaints.
- Supervise logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Assist in managing shipment and custom activities for import services.
- Create and maintain detailed financial reporting on all import & export activities including order management, logistics and shipping.
- Review customer orders to determine items to be stocked and shipped.
- Ensure logistics system is operated in accordance with local customs laws.
Communication & management
- Maintain good relationship with vendors and service providers to improve overall business performance.
- Recruit, lead and train staff in inventory management and shipping processes.
Job ad valid through Nov 30, 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.